I have extreme pain on my left side of the abdomin, even up into my ribs on that side.  My skin hurts to touch, I get diarrea, constipation and nausea.  I had my gall bladder out 5 months ago, thinking that that was the problem.  Obviously it isn't.  My doctor is trying to figure out what I have going on, but there just seems to be no answer.  This problem is keeping me from living my life and I don't know what to do about it.  Does anyone else have these symptoms, or a diagnosis that can help me out?

I feel the same way too. But my problem has luckily just been solved after years of living like this. The worst part was that all my symptoms were so generalized that everyone (family, doctors, friends) thought I was just making it all up. After SO many tests and several disbelieving doctors, I finally was given the diagnosis of Celiac Disease. This is an autoimmune condition in which your body attacks the smaller intestine upon the ingestion of even the smallest amount of gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye). The symptoms can be so varied it is nearly impossible to diagnose, and it is estimated that 97% of the population has CD and doesn't know it. My symptoms began as bloating, abdominal distention, nausea, and all those gastrointestinal problems. Then, I stopped menstruating, and began to have painful migraines lasting all day. I also started to have terrible abdominal cramping and pains, and then I started to have muscle pains (like I couldn't make it through the day) as well as extreme fatigue. I lost weight at the beginning, but ended up gaining about 10 lbs. because I couldn't exercise anymore for fear of passing out (I had some scary moments). At my bidding, the doctors did numerous tests for mineral deficiencies, and found that I was anemic and lacking zinc, vitamin B12, and several others. ALthough the blood test for celiac disease came back negative, I begged them to do an intestinal biopsy (this is how the diagnosis is confirmed) and I got the answer. If you think your symptoms sound similar, I would strongly reccommend you talk to your doctor about it, but DO NOT stop eating gluten, as this could manipulate the results of your tests. Good luck, I hope you feel better!!! I had some scary moments

more info:

www.steadyhealth.com/Abdominal_pain__extreme_fatigue__alternating_constipation_diarrhea__nausea__severe_headache_t212271.html

Hi there,

I am having identical symptoms as you, every single one, plus I've lost 12lbs even with eating normally.  It's been 3 months since it all started and I've been hospitalized twice for IV fluids (which surprisingly was the only thing that made me feel great afterwards! -- for a couple of days, and then symptoms would return)  I've had several blood tests, stool tests, urine tests, cultures, x-rays, ultrasounds and everything has come back normal.  I have a colonoscopy on Tuesday and a CT Scan on Thursday... hopefully something will show up.  

Any updates on your status?  Have you gotten a diagnosis?

I have the same problem. I am 52. Had my gall bladder removed 2 months ago. Just found out that the premarin I am taking should be balanced with progesterone. Diet is the main culprit. When I stay away from sugar, refined flour goods, and soda (diet or otherwise) my symptoms improve.