Hi, I have been diagnosed with malignant melanoma in beginning stage. What is the success of removal treatment?

Hi, as melanoma is a malignancy of pigment-producing cells, while it stays locally affecting person, it can be removed and further development stopped. If it spreads to the eyes, ears, bowels and oral and genital mucous membranes, removal of skin malignant cells is no more efficient. Early detection is essential for reducing mortality. Genetic mutations impacts susceptibility to the carcinogenic effects of ultraviolet radiation and can be determining factor for cancer development. Removal of cancerous cells is effective in numerous cases, but development of new cancer should be checked regularly.

Hi there,
The fact with melanomas is that in most cases there are not too big. How big is your melanoma? The chances of successful treatment are very high for this condition. I think if the melanoma is small enough your doctor can remove it with biopsy procedure as well. There are several more option for treating this condition. I know that they also use skin graft procedure. As you can see there are several ways to get rid of this problem so my advice would be to talk to your doctor and let him explain what is the best treatment option for you. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella