I had sex with my girlfriend 26 days back...and there are no signs of periods in her yet....she took a ECP soon after having sex.... Anything to worry about?

Hi Akshay,

ECP can make her periods early or late.  It's a very common side effect.

Hope it helps.

thanks...
And we again plan to have sex next week...will it be safe if her periods dont occur by then?

thnks...
And is it safe to have sex next week even if her periods dont occur by then?

Using protection, yes.

Medic-Dan are you a doctor? :)

Emergency Medical Tech - Paramedic

I have a question for you, how likely is it for someone who is on birth control but had unprotected sex because she was pressured into it for her to be pregnant by preejaculation? Or pre***...I'm really scared and I don't know what to do, I'm supposed to get my monthly gift tomorrow if it comes am I safe?

Worried, it was NOT unprotected if you are on birth control. That is the purpose of birth control, so you won't get pregnant.

Very unlikely, less than a 1 in 100 chance if you take your pills as directed.

Yes, you are "safe" when it comes if it appears "normal" as in like your other periods. Even if it doesn't come tomorrow don't worry. It's not uncommon for your period to be a few days late occasionally.

I do take my pills as directed, thank you so much for the help with everything god bless your soul :)

Medic-Dan I got it today it wasn't late, should I still keep an eye on it to make sure it's my normal period?

Glad you weren't late.

Yeah, just keep an eye on it but I'm sure you're all set.

So it wasn't ten days before it was 4 and i think it's a little lighter than normal.......freaking out now what?

What was "ten days before it was 4"? If you had sex 4 days before your period then you aren't going to get pregnant. It's too late, the egg is not viable.

Besides, you're on birth control, don't worry.

You can always test.

Well we kinda had sex ten days before but not really, he only entered me half way I'm still going to take a test, when should I take it?