Okay so I am going to be straight up, I had sex with girl about 3 weeks ago. She isnt on birth control, and we didnt use a condom, but I pulled out. Now I have read a different post on here about the pre cum and stuff, and how there is still a small chance of getting pregnant from sperm left form previous ejaculations combining with the precum. Now it's true that smoking marijuana reduces the amount of how fertile your sperm is and I smoke weed 2 or 3 times a week, I recently read this on WebMd. The girl just texted me a couple hours ago saying she still hasnt had her period, and last time she had it, it started on May 5 and ended May 11th. We had sex the first week of June, not excactly sure of the date. Now obviously not having your period as expected is a sign of pregnancy, especially being as late as she is. But what is the chance of her being pregnant from my precum, even though I smoke weed? Plus I also read that certain things like high stress and other things can cause a late period. About 2 and a half weeks ago this girl tried commiting suicide, and got sent to a rehabilitation center of some sort for a week I think. So here is what I ask altogether, do you think she could actually be pregnant from my precum, even though I smoke weed? Or do you think the late period is from trying to kill her self, and being sent to the rehabilitaton center? PLEASE HELP

Hi Haze,

You can forget hoping that marijuana will make you infertile.  It only takes one sperm.

The timing for her to get pregnant, by you, is poor.  Normally she'd have about a 28 day cycle.  If her last period started on May 5 then her next would be expected around June 2.  

She normally would ovulate between about days 11-16 of her cycle.  Your sperm can remain viable for about 5 days.  Therefore, having sex from about May 23 to June 8 would likely not get her pregnant.

She needs to take a home test.  Stress, anxiety, medications, all that can make her late.  A woman can also miss her period occasionally.  

If she is pregnant, from the information given, it is unlikely you are the father.

i totally disagree.. with medic dan not all girls have 28 day cycles and just because you do does not mean you will ovulate at the same time every month this girl in question could have ilregular periods you dont know it wasnt stated and why say if she is he is unlikely the father?? just putting doubt in his head that didnt need to be there. poor girl if she is and the father playing the medic dan said it cant be mine card..

ohkay haze.. this is what i think.. you had unprotected sex so there is a possibility she got pregnant. but by the sound of it her life is very stressful and that may have put her cycle out of wack... you just have to play the waiting game..

Kim,

I appreciate your opinion and ask that you reread my post.

I specifically state "she'd have about a 28 day cycle" and "ovulate between about days 11-16 of her cycle". Of course it varies. I'm not specific and saying that she has a 28 day cycle or when she ovulates.

Still, in most cases the timing would be poor for pregnancy to occur. The egg most likely would not be viable during the first week of June and therefore he likely could not be the father. Note that I said "likely not the father."

I never told him he isn't the father. I said "unlikely."

All of this is true.

What doubt wasn't there to begin with? He's questioning precum getting her pregnant.

From your perspective it's putting doubt in his head. From mine it's reassurance that maybe she's not pregnant.

Regardless, we both say the same thing:

Me: "She needs to take a home test. Stress, anxiety, medications, all that can make her late. A woman can also miss her period occasionally."

You:"you had unprotected sex so there is a possibility she got pregnant. but by the sound of it her life is very stressful and that may have put her cycle out of wack... you just have to play the waiting game."