so i had sex with someone the day after my period ended. approx around the end of june. and now its august 1 and still havent had my period. im always irregular, but the condom broke. i dont have other symptoms of pregnancy. im freaking out because im only 16. and i hear that stressing out about something can make your period late... so i dunno i need opinions. also, if you think it may be pregnancy... what is a good at home saffe abortion method?

Hi Shoulda,

First, there is no "good at home safe abortion method."

Second, you may/may not be pregnant. Since your period is past due, take a home test.

Third, while not impossible, having sex just after your period ended is unlikely to result in pregnancy. It's early, you likely won't ovulate for 5 or so more days at the earliest. Sperm only remains viable for about 5 days.

Stress can make you late. Take the test.

Small chance but not too likely. As other poster said.. stress and your irregularity can make you quite delayed. I understand the fear and aniety must be making you mad! Just do a test to find out.. be easiest. I am not sure where you are posting from USA, Australia?

USA, I believe, has approved a drug called RU486, a pill, that is prescribed by a doctor to terminate a pregnancy. From my understanding this can be taken in the privacy of your own home in safety and without any sort of hospital stay. Do the test first. I am sure it will be negative but, if not, you do have many options...

Oh... and get a prescription for the pill babe... take those worries away if a condom ever breaks again!

You are not alone!

tartancase wrote:

shouldaknown wrote:

You are not alone!

well thanks for the insight, kinda eased my mind.
that pill that i get from the doctor though, doesnt he have to have parental consent or something? like this sh*t needs to be totally secret..?

I understand the need for privacy in this... it is a shame that you can't talk to a caregiver about it (mum, aunt or whatever) but I guess you don't have that relationship and are scared huh?

Anyway, I am not 100% sure of the laws where you are but I'm sure that as you are 16 you can access treatment without a parent. You could either go to a G.P. or a Women's Health Centre, both are there to support you and your privacy. The Womens Centre might be more comfortable for you if you only have the family doctor and you don't want to see them.

There is also a tablet called 'The Morning after pill' that is a hormone that prevents the egg from implanting onto your uterus. This must be taken within a couple of days after non-protected sex. It is an emergency tool only but available from GP's and clinics... just so you are aware in a moment of crisis...

I really believe you have nothing to worry about... this time... but do go to a clinic and get on the pill...it really will make things sooooo much less stressful!

Hope you are ok..

Here in the US we call it Plan B.  In most places you can buy it at 18 without a prescription.  Most pharmacies carry it.

Under 18 needs a prescription.

medic-dan wrote:

thanks for your concerns.. but is there anything other then the morning after or plan b? i think its too late for them to work. and dont the abortion pills like that cost a lot? i've been feeling kinda dizzy tonight and i hear that that is a side effect..? im gonna go get a test tomorrow.. :((((

and its tough to go to a clinic because the place i live is kinda a small town and doesnt have a womens health center.. i dont think. i would have to drive two hours, go to a clinic, drive back two hours, and not let dad find out about any of it. he is a very protective man so this is difficult. Im freakin out mannnnn

oh man that makes things tough! Well, I still wouldn't panic just yet. Wait until the test. The fact that you had sex the day after your last period is a positive... odds are no egg was dropping down ready to be fertilised as your uterus had just cleaned out.

If you are always irregular then it is not too late for your period to come... The dizziness is probably stress babe... try to relax... You watch... you will get the test and then bam... just after you've taken it your period will arrive.

Yes, it is too late for plan b etc... But if ru486 is available then it is not too late for that or a more traditional termination... but worry about that in the unlikely event of a positive test.

Do try to get on the pill if you can...
Stay with a friend in the next town and get thee to a GP or clinic...get that contraceptive started then you never have to go through this again!
Thinking of you...
let me know what happens tomorrow...

thank you, definitely eased my mind stranger. i just hope your right! only time will tell i suppose. how late is too late for it to come do you think? sorry for the bombardment of questions im just a lotta bit clueless at this point. and yeah i've got a sister who will get me on the pill, she'd kick my ass if she knew this situation though ya know

You know... I have missed entire periods when I have been stressed or ill...entire periods! And when you are young your periods haven't settled into a pattern yet... my daughter can miss two or three and then have two more a week after each other! It really can take a few years for your body to settle into a pattern...

So for you it has been around 33 days since your last period, yeah? Well the AVERAGE cycle is around 28 days... so not far off...

You said that your period is rather irregular.. has it ever been five or so weeks between them before? And with the stress you are under (you must be so scared) its bound to be delayed...

That's what I feel anyway :)

oh god i hope its just because im stressing so much about it. its never been this late before i dont think. but i never really kept track of it.. i totally am writing this down on the calender if i end up being ok though lol. i just told the guy about how im sketchin about this and he said he'd go get a plan b pill tomorrow if it turns bad. so that makes me feel a lil better although it is probably too late anyway..? ohhh ive never wanted a period so bad ever! haah. thank you so much you're a life saver with this knowledge you're giving me. cross your fingers for me tomorrow! i cant afford to throw away my life because of a child right now ya know.

oh and don't worry about asking questions... go ahead... its good to ask anything when you can babe :)

Yeah... unfortunately plan b only works up to 72 hours after the unprotected sex... so that is of no use to you tomorrow I'm afraid!
Well at least he's on to it too... good on him for trying to help, hey?
I can understand how much you want this period... I am willing it on for you... we should have some kind of weird she-goddess chant circle.. ha!

Will be thinking of you and hoping for you till I hear from you tomorrow..

How is everything going today babe? Not sure what time it is for you over there... Here in Australia is 12.29pm... check my posted time and we'll know I guess...
Anyway...
Thinking of you... hope you ok.