Hi,i have always suffered from depression and anxiety (i am 24) and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder,whether i'm bipolar i dont know.For the past 12 months or so whenever i drink alcohol when i wake up the next day i am absolutely bouncing off the walls (a word you could use is manic) apart from the panic attack feeling which is trying to take over me at this time (which really is horrible) i have been known to do stupid things like drive my car or go straight back out to the pub before ive even had chance to sober up from the night before,then for the following 4-5 days i have really bad anxiety and depression where i find it very difficult to even talk to someone,never mind perform properly at work,during this time i have random thoughts and images racing through my head,the change in me is so drastic it is clearly not normal.I suppose you could say to me do not drink but i still get anxiety and depression even when i am not on one of these seven day hangovers.I suppose i am writing on here to try and find out if this could be part of some other underlying condition and not just depression and anxiety.Any help would be greatly appreciated or even if someone else is dealing with this and they want to talk to someone about it.thanks.

Well i'm going to make the obvious suggestion and tell you to stop drinking. That is the absoulute worse thing a person in hyour position can do, because all it does is give you anxiety 10 times worse the next morning. I mean I don't suffer from anxiety but even when i drink i feel a little edgy the next morning from it so i can only imagine how you feel......... Also i really hope you are taking some kind of medication for your condition because i didn't read that you are. also you def need to speak with a counselor to get you the best care possible. It also sounds like you might have Bi-polar. The highs and lows are a sign of that....... Please stay positive and get the help you deserve. There is million of Americans who suffer from these conditions and there is a lot of medicine on the market to help too. hang in there and good luck.

hi and thanks for the reply,i am on some medication called quetiapine (seroquel),i am from the united kingdom so dont know if you will have heard of this,i have been tried on anti depressants aswell (citalopram,escitalopram) and beta-blockers.The beta blockers did nothing and although i gave them a proper go i hated the anti-depressants,but its only been relatively recently that i've started going to the doctors,i've only just started trying to sort myself out this past few years.I know i should just stop drinking but it's the only thing i do to relax or properly socialise with friends although the cons definitely outweigh the pros.I tell myself i arent drinking again for ages but then i just end up getting really bad anxiety anyway and i suppose i get a bit self destructive and start drinking again,although i am getting better at managing that.I have been seeing a mental health team but have recently stopped,i suppose ill end up going back at some point and talking to them again.Thanks.

Hi, I'm really not sure what that medicine is. You might want to speak with your doctor about a drug called xanax. it will help with your anxiety. It's fast acting and will work instantly. However it also comes out of your system quickly so the drug will only last for about 4 hours at a time. It should only be used sparingly and when the panic attacks come up. Keep in mind xanax is not a cure for your problem, only a short term solution so you can relax and get the proper care you deserve.