Hello everyone. My name is Eric and I am 42 years old. My life is really good and I don't have any kind of problems. I have wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters. But I have really good and crazy friends, and they are going out all the time. So, I go out with them as well. That happens once a week and my wife doesn't mind (at least I think so :) ). But I have some problems with it. I have those horrible anxiety and panic attacks the day after heavy/ binge drinking and I really don't know how to fight against it. 

This is kind of weird, Guest.

Usually, the people who are having panic attacks and anxiety after drinking are the ones who have panic attacks even when they are not drinking. Actually, you get to have panic attacks and anxiety in normal life, while sober, and then they get even worse once you start drinking. I don't know what to tell you about this now. People usually turn to alcohol because they think that it is going to help with their panic attacks and anxiety but that usually never happens. How about that you stop drinking so much, can you do that?

Deni is right, Guest, you didn't tell us if you have panic attacks or anxiety when you are not drinking, that information could help a lot.

It's normal that you are having panic attacks after drinking too much, it happens to a big number of people and you can't really do anything about it, if you ask me. The things that you can do, however, are the next: stop drinking. I don't mean stop drinking completely, but stop drinking so much. The other thing that you can do is find a way to treat your anxiety and panic attacks, talk to someone about it.

Guest, are you seriously not familiar with the fact that drinking can trigger anxiety and panic attacks? Come on, everybody knows that, especially people who are having trouble with anxiety and panic attacks.

There is nothing you can do to stop this except to stop drinking. Can you do that? You are 42 years old, your wife and your daughters certainly don't want to watch you get drunk and you certainly don't want them to see you when you are having one of those panic attacks, you are supposed to protect them, not the other way around. Think about it, you are too old for this.

You are so immature, Guest. Are your friends younger than you are? I usually say that age doesn't matter, that you do what you feel like doing, act as old as you feel old, but you have a wife and kids, you need to act as a mature man now.

Anxiety and panic attacks after heavy drinking are a totally normal thing to happen to people who are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks regardless whether they are drinking or not. The only way to stop this, if you ask me, is to stop drinking. It is about time that you do this.

OK, maybe I should expect answer like this one, but it is never easy to read it. Maybe I am immature, I don't know but you can't judge me because you believe that you do know something about me. You don't know a thing. My friends are not younger than me and I give everything that I have to my kids and my wife. But guess that I have some problem in my life and I cannot find what this problem actually is. So, that is why I came in here to ask you did you have any similar problems to mine or not...I know that I need to stop to drink, but I don't know how...

Hello there. I have to tell that I agree with anyone in here Guest. People are not attacking you, you need to know this. People are tying to tell you how to behave, what to do and they are doing this because they believe that you can understand what exactly your problem is. I won't repeat what they already told you. It is very important for you to know that anxiety is nothing weird when it comes to drinking. But I guess that anxiety is not your only problem - you generally have some issues with alcohol.

Forgive me, but how often do you drink? 

Thank you for understanding me. I didn't mean that people are attacking me and that they don't understand what I am going through. I am aware that they want to help me, but I don't consider myself immature. At all.
I will try to answer on your question - I drink very often, 2-3 times a week and that is why I have anxiety attacks very often. Sometimes I really don't know how my wife can stay with me and support me while I am like this, in this condition. I was wondering are there any pills to help me deal with it?

You have wonderful wife, it seems to me that you have a really good reason to stop to drink, am I right? First, I would tell you that you need to go to some therapy and talk to someone who is an expert in this area. Those meetings of people who have problems with alcohol are nothing that you should be ashamed of. I think that you should try it. Other, maybe there are some medications that can help you deal with current anxiety, but if you continue to drink, it won't help you at all. You need to focus and to tell what are your priorities. That is the only way. Good luck.