hey im 22yrs old  female  have been looking and searching for answers for 3 months 

i will try to describe it the best i can but would like to know if anybody else suffers it or knows a cure or to releif it .

it started as a thump kind of feeling in my throat like my breathing was been cut off or getting a very small amount of air in it would send me into a panic attack .

but now the panic attacks have cleared its stayed for a 3 months and no doctor has a clue what im on about and do not seem bothered but this a kind of ruining my life as im scared that im going to stop breathing .

it can happen in 3 diffrent ways

1.feels asthough theres a jerk/thump in my throat or sterum and i will feel my breath gets caught or sucked right out of me happens about 20 times a day lasts for seconds but can happen in a row so could feel it for a hour or so but still each one been seconds long.

2.feels a kind of ripple of air rushes through me starting from chest normally or like heart has stopped and also takes my breath away or feels i stoppedbreathing lasts seconds.

3.a involatray breath like all a sudden ill take a massive breath i dont mean to it just happens and its uncomftable.

all these are not painful although i do have odd chest /rib pains /arms pains 

the first time it properly happened my heart rate would not slow down and i ended up in hospital im awaiting results from holter monitor that i will hopefully get monday .

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the exact same symptoms. Hope you're feeling better!

I have the same thing. Don't know what it is but it freaks me out. Did you find out what caused yours?

I have the same thing. Did u find out what it's the cause

I have the exact same problems!!! I mean ALL OF. THEM!!!!!! Ive told drs & told drs & ive gotten no help!!!!!! Please tell me what youve found out because ive had everything done & tested & cant find anything!!!! I am living in fesr 24/7!!!!!

Im sorry that your feeling that way; i can surely empathize with you; I'm facing the same problem except mines comes and goes without warning; & can last anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours & like you it can be a little alarming, but what i dont have either is the racing of the ❤ im no Dr. & cant give you any medical advice: but as a suggestion go through the process of elimination: foods allergies, diet, life style like smoking; certain medication, what were you doing prior before the episodes come: tight clothing can cause shortness of breath; once you eliminate what its not you can narrow it down down by finding you a goid bed side manner Dr. Good luck