Feeling strange fatigue for quite some time, what could be the cause? I cannot feel any other changes, there might be something that I am not aware of. I did felt that my thyroid gland was slightly bigger, but this is something that happens from time to time, without any following problems. What should I do? I am 46 years old.

Enlarged thyroid gland could cause the problems with your metabolism, thus this fatigue could be the consequence of that. Still, you must investigate this further, there are possible conditions here, which must be treated in order to be removed or at least controlled. I recommend that you do a blood test and check your hormone levels. After that, you will see if a visit to a doctor is necessary.

A few things came to mind, all of which should be addressed by a medical professional, which I am not: 1) upon a recent visit to a cardiologist (who specializes in female cardiology) she mentioned that oftentimes in women the ONLY symptom prior to a heart attack is a period of unexplained fatigue. Get checked by someone who specializes or at LEAST is familiar with the symptoms of heart disease in women, because they can vary greatly from those of men! Also, check for chronic fatigue syndrome, lyme disease, and lupus as well as psychological causes, such as depression. And I agree with the other poster that thyroid could be an issue. Best of luck and good health!