Good day to everyone

2 month ago I got sick with body pain and fever and very weird sore throat. the sore throat was not as usual. It was like there is a knife in my throat to my ear.

I went to clinic and they gave me antibiotic. after taking the antibiotic my throat immediately by next day felt much better. However, after finishing my med 3 day after started again. I went to clinic they gave me one injection and again antibiotic for two weeks.

Again same thing happened after finishing my med my sore throat came back.

This time I went to hospital for the specialist. she did all the check up and she said my throat is only red she can not see any bacteria. So she got the sample to see what type of bacteria is and gave me the combination of two types of antibiotics for a week. After I finished the med my pain gone but then I started feeling something in stuck in my throat. I went back doc did X-ray but she did not see anything and she everything looks normal in the X-ray. She said if after 3 days I still feel the same I should go back and they do another check up.

Its been a week I am feeling the same thing I cannot go back to the hospital till next week I guess. So wondering anyone knows what is wrong with me.

I have no pain yet. but the thing is bothering me so much and I am being so scared what it could be?!

by the way the first sore throat was both left and right side but the two last pain only in my right side to my right ear.

and the last two sore throat I had no fever nothing at all only the pain.

I have recently stopped my smoking right before I got sick.

My silly question is that could it be a cancer :(?

Thank you

Health Advisor

Hello, faran277.

A friend of mine had same issue few years ago. He was diagnosed with bad strain of strep and eventually, his tonsils were removed. His doctor prescribed him antibiotics for several times, but until he told him that they aren't working, soreness was always there.

But source of sore throat isn't necessarily throat itself. It can be caused by some other things besides bacteria. For an example, acid reflux, sinus infection, cyst or polyp, etc. Last, but not the most uncommon are allergy on some types of food. 

Only the specialist can give you the right diagnose, but you can ease your pain by gargling the salt water or drinking ginger tea.

I really don't think that it's cancer, so don't be afraid. Keep us posted about your next visit. And, of course, good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply
I don't have any pain anymore
What bothering me now that I feel something stuck in my throat and I feel it all the time :(

Health Advisor

Loss of pain is very good signal.
As for throat problem, it's very possible that's something that I mention in earlier post. Good news is that all of these illnesses are somewhat easily treated.
Meanwhile, try some of natural remedies : lemonade, honey mixed with water, gargling salt water, eat solid food as little as possible and rest your throat as much as you can.
Hope this will get you some results.

Thank you so much. I am drinking water and honey right now :) and will gargling salt water later on.
thanks for the suggestions