I am a 45 year old female, and just recently it feels as though somebody is poking the tips of my fingers and toes with tiny needles. Any advice what this might be caused by?

I have had the same thing for over ten years now, and also burning sensations on my arms, very bad sometimes. I have Herpes and Lyme Disease. I think these sensations are caused by nerve damage, but the damage could be caused by many different initial insults to the body. (disease or physical damage)
I suspect Herpes for many unexplained sensations, but I find it difficult to find medical literature backing it up definitely.....there is a lot of speculation about it.....

Hello there ConcernedToday,

Unfortunately most of the tingling sensations are associated with nerves and there is no easy way to resolve your problem. You will have to consult your doctor about this and do certain tests and analysis to find out if everything is fine. I am sure that you will be just fine but first of all you need to find out the right diagnosis.

Tingling in the fingers and toes can be a sign of various conditions and some of them are pretty serious.

After your doctor gets the right diagnosis he will be able to treat you. Keep us posted about your progress and let us know how you are handling everything. Good luck.