I have been experiencing numbing sensation on the bottom of my toes. It is accompanied with broken blood vessels. The numbness can happen while exercising or just walking. I can be wearing any type of shoe or be barefoot. The skin is also becoming dry and on some toes, cracking. The numbing only affects the bottom of the toes. I should also mention, I am a regular exerciser, not overweight.

I actually have a question for you! Along with the numbness, do you ever get a really bad "burning" sensation? To the point of being really painful? I am experiencing something that is kinda like you have described, but mine is worsened with shoes or anything touching my foot/toes that will get it burning and painful. I was told it may be neuropathy(nerve damage) but how I couldn't say, I have several factors that may have contributed to it..but I still don't have a definitive diagnosis. Just from my own personal experience as a caregiver, I know that numbness in ones extremities usually begins as a circulatory problem which can be caused by various reasons that your doc would have to work on with you. I too am very, very active and am not overweight, but was morbidly obese at one point in my life. I underwent gastric bypass and lost over 250 pounds and have kept it off for 9 years now. The downside of that is I have a vitamin absorption issue that makes me have to take extra vitamins daily, but still having low levels from time to time which may be part if not the reason for my foot/toe problem. Is there other health issues you may have that could possibly be related to your foot? You would be surprised as to some things that are related to some illnesses. I would appreciate any feedback you may have and I hope that my rambling possibly was of some help to you! I wish you well!