Okay....I don't know which symptoms that I have that are related to each other. There are others that have started up to 2 yrs ago, but starting 6 mos ago, I started experiencing new symptoms, one after the other, that are getting worse. Here is a general overview:

FIRST ~ I'M A 27 YEAR OLD FEMALE

**joint pain in fingers, wrists, elbows- then shoulders- then hips- now knees(also have started experiencing what feels like an electric shock or
pulse/wave of electricity that goes up my arm and down my thumb when I accidentally turn my wrist a certain way)

**toe joints started to hurt at the same time feet started turning purple and would sporadically get these itchy bumps on my toes, that go as suddenly as they come

**red blood vessel or pin head sized/shaped dots under surface of skin of legs & feet - these are dark red, and do not go away when I rub my leg or press on the area

**Muscles ache

**Almost daily headaches(feel like they're possibly derivative of neck pain)

**Feel fevered/hot to touch on torso & thighs many evenings

**Disgusting, drenching night sweats

**Loss of sensation in toes, feet & sometimes complete loss of feeling of both legs when sitting

**Large knots filled w/ sebum(sometimes larger than a marble)- very painful- that eventually open & get infected and SCAR my face :-(

**In January- White Blood Cell Count was 3.2

**Blood Pressure stays around 90/55

Every few days, I wake up & feel like I've drunk a gallon of vodka, and then attempted to run a marathon, before stepping out in front of a speeding Mack truck. Every joint hurts. Every muscle aches. My head feels like it will literally crack open. I'm EXTREMELY nauseus, and sore everywhere.

**Also, I've become extremely sensative to light & sound

I WAS DIAGNOSED W/ NARCOLEPSY, AFTER FINALLY GETTING A REFERRAL TO A SLEEP SPECIALIST 2 YEARS AGO, FOLLOWING 7 YEARS OF ASKING WHAT THE HECK WAS WRONG W/ ME

Any Ideas???? I could really use some help

You could have lyme or a lyme like illness...bacterial.....investigate a bacterial infection.

have you ever gotten any answers on your symptons? I was reading your symptons and cannot beleive the similarity between mine as well.
Please email me and I will tell you more

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I am an Rn..... please check into borreliosis burgdoferi the spirochete that causes lyme disease...Sounds like you have the symptoms. You need to get to a specialist and waste no time as regular docs haven't the time to check you out right. Seek a lyme specialist go down no more rat holes...good luck

I would have your thyroid gland checked out. My brother had the same symptoms. It usually attacks young males or menopausal females

the joint pain, fatigue, and numbness can be found in autoimmune disorders--such as connective tissue disease. it's dificult to diagnose--and often the last thing turned to. but if you see a rheumatologist they can do some tests to see if you may have an immune system problem.

i have had most of these symptoms and recently after muscle biopsy and 3 emg and nerve velocity test was diagnosed with polymyositis (which is a muscle disease)and primary lateral sclerosis which is a motor neuron disease where your nerves die before reaching your muscles and there for lose muscle strength and get really weak,swallowing difficulty,joint pain is severe,can barely bend my fingers most of the time,have sharp waves of pain go through different parts of my body like lightning,thats your nerves backfiring you could say,trying to go out.and i have had a low white blood cell count for 15 years at least,and even went to a blood and cancer dr and they found nothing a long time ago,and i possibly had these 2 diseases for that long,and no one did the right test.go to a neurologist,let them do the test i mentioned,at least you will know it is not that,good luck.dont give up,it took me over 3 years to get diagnosed after i started having a bad swallowing problem and i had to figure out what it was because i could not even work i stayed haorse and coughed all day long every day.your not crazy,some dr's will make you think you are because they are ignorant to the cause of your problems,but they at the end will see they were the ignorant ones,like mine have seen.wanda 8-|

I read the description of your symptoms, and agree with the RN who suggested that you get tested for Lyme's disease. The joint pain and sleep problems sound like they might be related to Lyme's. Good luck.

Hello, I too have the same symptoms. 28; I also have a low white blood cell count. recently I broke out into sores on my hairline, wrists and palms- along with my sore purple toes. It's very frustrating, but my dr. is suggesting that I have fibromyalgia and a viral infection of some sort? I recently was put on Lyrica. It helped the pain but the rest of my body does not like it. I was on cymbalta for the last year when all my pains began, we thought it might have been "depression that hurts" but my emotional status didn't changed so that's why we decided to go with fibromyalgia???? I think it hurts more that people don't believe whats going on especially the drs. I'm sorry that you all are going through the same thing but it's nice to know there's more like me!

I would say that a diagnosis of narcolepsy is a "I'm not exactly sure what this is, but it's kinda like..." sort of diagnosis, in your case. Though I cannot be sure, and do not usually speculate, I will throw in a few things that may be helpful. I apologies if they are not.

A few of your problems sound like diabetes. Many times when not kept in check, it can result in joint pain, paralysis and loss of motor function/range of motion in limbs, especially lower limbs. It is also common to see this cause loss of blood flow to the lower extremities (This is why you sometimes see patients with diabetes who are missing a leg, it was generally surgically removed due to necrosis).

The pin sized dots under the surface of the skin are called Petechiae (An example of this, assuming you've seen CSI, is when they identify someone has been strangled because they have Petechiael Hemorrhaging around their eyes). This is typically due to low blood flow.

Addressing your muscle ache symptom, do you work out often? Muscles can ache from a number of problems including too little Potassium, improper nutrition and lack of use. A daily prenatal vitamin (Yes, these are perfectly healthy for anyone, even if they are not pregnant) will remove the question of vitamin deficiency.

Addressing your headaches, another silly question, do you drink diet sodas? The aspartame inside diet soda has been linked to headaches and migraines, especially in people who consume at least one 20 oz bottle every day.

Oddly, the increased temperature could just be a personal thing, I for example run at a regular body temperature of 95F while a friend of mine runs at 100F. Another fairly typical reason for having a high core temperature is having a virus. When you get a virus your body naturally increases your temperature because the virus can only be effective at a specific temperature range, increasing it will help destroy the virus.

Be very careful with your loss of sensation in your lower extremities that you do not remain sitting for long enough that they go numb. When they go numb, you increase the chances of your blood clotting, which would be bad. Your blood pressure could also attribute to this symptom, as well as the muscle ache and nausea.

I really hope this helped in some way.

Not to scare you, but a lot of your symptoms are very similar to those for lupus. Go to webmd.com and you will see that many of those you listed are also listed for lupus. Check it out.

As a physician, I have seen 3 patient's with exactly the same symptoms that you have described. Each one of them became totally paralyzed within 3 months of the symptoms showing up. In the last three weeks, 2 have died and the other is on life support in our local ICU.

I recommend you getting to your physician as soon as possible.

Lyme disease!!!!! I have Lyme and I have swelling of soft tissue in fingers and toes. They are like nodules in the soft tissue. I also have burning red rashes and feel like my legs are on fire. Go to an LLMD. Do not trust the Lyme tests.

Very similar to mine as well. I have exhausted every possible direction it seems. :( Can someone include me in the email discussion? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use