Since Jan. i have had red, painful spots on my toes on both feet.
I notice that my 3rd toes sometimes turn blue.
I have been evaluated by a podiatrist, cardiologist, dermatologist and rheumatologist. I am now waiting for results of an autoimmune workup.
Any thoughts?

are they small and hurt when you bump them, you can push on them and the area becomes purple?

My toes have been turning purple, and these itchy bumps suddenly come & go on them. Do your joints or muscles hurt? Are you tired a lot? Do your toes go numb? PLEASE! If you have any of these OTHER symptoms, contact me - _[removed]_ - if one of us can find out what's wrong, we could help the other. Mine started in October, and my health has declined rapidly since. I now have several other symptoms too, and literally feel like I'm just breaking down.

I, too, have these sores -- usually much worse during cold weather. My dermatologist diagnosed them as "Lupus ???" (There's a seconds word to the name of the condition.) This IS NOT the systemic lupus that everyone fears. It's a skin issue. She prescribed me Lachydrin (spelling?) cream that I use after I bathe while my skin is still moist. I also use it on my legs, feet, elbows, knees -- areas that are excessively dry. Helps more than anything else that I've tried. Talk to your dermatologist -- all of the symptoms you've BOTH listed are ones I had with this condition. I was actually trying to find the second word to the condition when I came across your postings.

I am actually going into urgent care tomorrow for the same problem.

I noticed if first occured last summer and blamed it on a pair of flip flops-that was red, swelling, itcy, painful to the touch toes.

After I got rid of the flip flops it went away.

Then in the winter, my toes (more specifically, my left pinky toe) was swollen and almost purple looking. It was cold to the touch.

Today, I spent the day outside walking around in flip flops and now my left toes (all but the large) are red, swollen, and painful to the touch with little bumps on them.

I will let you all know what I find out!

I have been having similar issues - I started with R foot pain only (heel, arch) that never has gone away. This winter I started becoming very sensitive to the cold (in my feet) they will sometimes be blue & freezing & sometimes they are warm & throbbing. Just recently I started getting red bumps (kind of like a blister but more flat) on the top of the toes. They come & go and they are tender. They are also sometimes right below my toenail. Today they started itching terribly. They are also a little swollen. Also the bottoms of my toes hurt. (but no redspots). I have seen a foot & ankle specialist who has referred me to a rheumatologist. What did you all find out last year?

I saw your posts and then later found a link for "Chilblains" that also listed the problem as Pernio. Went to the Wikipedia site and found, searching Chilblains, a picture that was exactly like what I'm experiencing. Seems like it's an issue with cold weather. I live in New England and was in California and Florida before and never experienced this. Hope this helps.

I have had bumps on my toes off and on for years... I went to a med. conference with my dermatologist and was seen by numerous dermatologists and rheumatologists and they decided that I was reacting to the estrogen in my birth control. Not true... Haven't taken if for years and still getting them.

The bumps usually start on my second toe on my left foot and progressively get more swollen and then my other toes and right foot start to be affected. It hurts to wear shoes and walk and everything.

I get similar sores on my toes, usually on my middle toes. I find that they crop up when I wear shoes and go away when I wear sandals. I guess it might be a reaction to the heat and moist environment that is created when I wear shoes. They are like warts and they are painful to the touch. It's so annoying!

I've just started getting these sores and they are exactly as you described them, somewhat blistery looking, tender to the touch, painful to wear shoes, purple pinky toe. I'm only 19. I'm staying in a somewhat tropical place and have never gotten them before until i came here. It had been rather cold recently, so I've been wearing shoes. But every chance I get I wear flipflops in the hopes that its some kind of fungus that will go away.

i've also had the same thing. it started last winter on the right 4 toe after standing in the snow for too long. i thought it was just from being cold until it spread to my second toe that now has a painful itchy red bump on it. they're both really swollen and it hurts to walk.

Could be raynauds disease or raynauds phenomenon, the blisters are a sort of after effect.

After moving to a cold weather state (in the spring) my wife developed what at first appeared to be an insect bite on one toe. It's either a bright angry red or more of a purple. It is blister-like, tender to the touch, painful to wear shoes, and can be painful on the bottom of the toe. The third day of having this it has spread to almost all of her small toes and may be developing on the top of one of her toes.

She does not have symptoms of Raynaud's phenomenon, so I doubt it's that.

When I search for internet pics toe maladies the closest I've seen is on this page: signgurl.blogspot.com/2008/03/chilblains.html

but my wife's is worse. This is supposed to be Chilblains. My wife does not suffer from poor circulation and the coldest she says her feet have gotten were at the office. They have gotten damp from working in the flower beds though.

Sounds like a lot of people have chilblains. Look it up.

they are chillblains, heres a good website with proper information as it is a government website.

betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Chilblains?OpenDocument

also papaw ointment relives the itching.