I had a surgical abortion at 10 weeks in late August. The bleeding afterwards lasted for 3 months and was very heavy. I didn't expect that, but it eventually stopped, so I figured all was well.

I had no kind of bleeding until late November and it is now late December and I haven't stopped. I thought it was just my period returned (which is usually weird, comes only every 3 months and lasts 7 days, but goes like clockwork) but it was like I would spot a little, once a day. Then the next day would come really heavy, go like that for a few days, then return to the spotting. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was done with it and it just came back, heavier than the last.

I've read that one should expect "irregular" periods for around 2 years after having an abortion, but I'm not sure if this surpasses "irregular" and into "concerning". This past week I've had a lot of cramping that starts midway in my back and goes all the way down to my hips. 

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this, if I should be concerned, or when I can expect the bleeding to stop. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, really.