Hi. I am a 51 years old woman and lately I am in quite of pain. My left side hurts, but except that I suffer from abdominal pain too. The good thing is that I am on vacation now and my job is not at stake. If you can say something to help me, please do. I would be most welcome.

Hi there, I will help you out. In any case when someone has such pain, he, or in this case she, should seek a professional help from a doctor. The more you wait; bigger is possibility for putting your health in danger. There are several possible diagnosis. The cause for your abdominal pain alongside flank pain can be kidney stone, but that is just a guess. If this is right, plenty of fluids is required and in the end the surgery might be the final solution. As I said before talk to the doctor and he will give you an accurate diagnosis. He will explain the treatment to you and you will be just fine if you follow his advises. I wish you all the best.