Hello!
I have been diagnosed with SLE year ago. What are some additional steps that would help me prevent or release flare ups?
Thanks in advance!

Hey there,
Once your SLE is brought under control by medication, there are some changes you may do in your life to ease flare ups or even prevent them.
First thing is diet. If a person has a poor diet, this is definitely an emergency sign for flare ups. Besides improper nutrition, excessive use of alcohol and smoking can also trigger inflammation and increase symptoms.
besides that, regular exercise can help prevent future flare ups. Exercise also helps managing stress (as far as I am concerned, stress is a contributing factor for flare ups, at least with me it is).
But, if you are exercising outdoors, be careful to wear sunscreen, because of the sun, which is very strong these days and also people with lupus have additional sensibility to it, so use UV protection and do not get exposed to sun between 11 and 16 o’clock. If you have possibility, I would recommend swimming (very good for joints and doesn’t expose any particular part of body).
I hope this was helpful.