I realise how frustrating eczema/dermatitis is myself but I realise I am lucky to have not had it at the severity level like some others. I or my family have never been prone to eczema ever in my/our lives and I had a very stressful year last year and suddenly I suffered from internal haemorrhoids, anaemia and hand eczema. After months of grief and suffering and scratching, I have finally got over the urge to scratch my fingers (applause please :-)!) but I am repeatedly frustrated that I get little bubble-like things on my fingers and they feel vulernable to itching. I realise this is probably the eczema pores under the skin that have obviously been irritated and are urging me to scratch - however, after using creams like eumovate, betnovate, aqeous cream (which I don't like) and a new "moisturiser" my doctor gave me that doesn't feel like moisturiser, more like oil! I shouldn't be getting bubbles surely?
It's so frustrating that after not scratching my hands for months... this occurs... I feel like i'll never get over this stage! And it's so frustrating because my partner usually does most of the washing, house chores, to stop my hands from being aggravated, and I feel drained everyday from the hell of just the bubbles alone.

I talked to my doctor and she says something is still aggravating it but if you think of everything your hands touch, how in hell will I indentify it and get rid of it!? Plus there is nothing new I don't think I use and so why are my hands reacting now?

Someone please help. These bubbles are unbelievably frustrating me!

I have had similar bubbles appear under the skin on the tips and sides of some of my fingers. After years of trying to figure out what caused it, I think I have narrowed it down to chocolate! I completely stopped eating all brands of chocolate (except Hersheys) and have not had a flare up in over a year. Try it and see if it works for you too!

If it does, please let me know!

:-)

Everyone can have different allergies and it can be expressed with different reactions on different parts of your body... be it dryness, scaling, itches, rashes, blisters, or these tiny clear fluid-filled bubbles.

I went and got tested when my eczema started spreading from my hands (which for years had be raw, blisted, dry & rough & cracking, bubbled and sometimes even bleeding) and lower legs (dry & scaled) to up my arms and torso and neck. Enough was enough!

My reactions are caused by food allergies (narrowed down by skin prick testing).
When I get these bubbles the appear on my hands, sometimes around my nail beds, the sides of my fingers, in between my fingers or at the moment I have a small flare near my wrist opposite my thumb.

I know it's occurred because I've been eating too many potatoes recently.

If I've been eating too much tomato I get a different eczema on my hands that is red and dry.

If I've been eating too much yeast I get itchy on the inside of my calves.

Sure enough, these three foods made up most of my diet while I was a uni student and I had that huge flare. It cleaned itself up in only a number of weeks once they were out of my diet and I became much more tollerant to other products that would irritate me to no end while I was having a flare. (i.e. cleaning products, soaps, etc)

Maybe look into getting some of your food allergies tested with skin pricks? It's relatively inexpensive by memory. It's helped me heaps! Good luck.

I get those tinny fluid filled bubbles on the insides of mainly my right middle two fingers, used to be both hands the same way, but now its just the right hand. I did a Oxy Aloe Flush for 6-7 weeks, but not sure that changed anything to do with the bumbs. Again its hard to tell what its from since once you get a few bumbs, you don't know what causes it. You have to wait till symptoms lay low and clear a little. Is it yeast, chocolate, who knows. My bumbs do not itch, they are just there. I only notice them on arrival, as its inflammation.

Where do you get the food allergies tested, I have bad bubbles and sometime they burst or make my skin tight and they itch and are sore if I do not burst them sometimes. I eat chocolate and bread so I might stop eating these to see if this works.

it is horrible as whenever I get a scratch on my hands or anything then the bubbles start their after the wound has healed up.

ever tried eczema no more? forces of nature. I have these kind of problems and I'd like to know if this product is good or not. thanks.
daniel,italy.

Avoid sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). It's a cheap foaming agent in most shampoos etc. I find dishwashing soap the worst as it contains high levels of SLS - it strips grease from plates and moisture from your hands. I picked up the bottle earlier today and my hands are expoding now....

Many eco-household products don't contain it.

Clobetasol and cotton gloves to aid absorbtion at night work best for my hands.

that's unusual but i agree...

hey there,
i know exactly what you mean. Ive been to a dermatitis and he said that because im allergic to pretty much everything its hard to avoid this type of bubbly ecsma, so he gave me strong steroid cream called diprosone, i have to apply it generously to my hands and feet (which i have only just recovered from in that area) and wear cotton gloves over night. If this does not work, because of the severity of it, i may have to go on a drug called ciclosporone meant for cancer patients, to help them recover. That however is the last decision, but try opting for a strong steroid cream from your doctor, mine is diprosone 0.05%, its only 15g but u can buy more. Hope this helps

I've had eczema for years and used steroid cream on and off - Still starting to take Omega 3 Fish Oil - not for eczema but long term heart health -my eczema has virtually disappeared - well worth giving it a try. 

Be careful. Repetitive use of steroid creams will weaken your skins until it quite literally rips open. Generally, repetitive use of anything stronger than hydrocortisone could have serious side effects.

I have had this type of eczema on my hands (and only my hands) since the age of 8-9 (now 22) I have been to many different doctors and one finally cracked it!

Firstly whatever you do do not burst the bubble- this makes the eczema spread to other areas on your hands. I have found the cream Elocon for when you start to spot a flare up and if it gets bad try Dermol-(Clobetasol 17, propionate 0.05%) both prescription medicines. But Dermol clears up the bubbles and blisters overnight and the hands start to heal pretty much straight away. These medicines are available in New Zealand not too sure if they are a different name overseas. 

I find that I just get flare ups when its a change of weather, and temperature.

Thanks,

Kate 

put some antibacterial cream straight on it the try to keep it as cool as possible

I get this and it still happening it was on spots when I used hand sanitizer they are cleansers with out water. And I also work with motherboards I touched the bottom of motherboards the needles under, the reaction to my skin is peeling almost all of the layers of my skin is gone looks red like it was bleeding. It itches all the time. Doctor said to stop using you might have an allergic reaction. I stopped using hand sanitizers and I an trying to look for a job in assets protection then retail.

I've been slathering hand lotion on my bubbles and it keeps them from getting itchy. No special lotion (Origins "precipitation" and Melaleuca body lotions), I read somewhere that they are inflammed when the skin is dry so it makes sense to keep applying lotion. For me, it seems to appear when I have too much stress but after reading these posts, I'm going to keep observations on whether outbreaks have to do with what I'm eating (it only makes sense).

Thanks, everyone, for sharing!