Hello. I have some questions about my wife’s health. He is 46 years old and he has big problems with her kidneys. She has some disorder called polycystic kidney and that kidney was only about 10% effective and only operation could help because there was a threat from infection. About a year ago she had an operation-removing of that polycystic kidney and now- she’s feeling quite ok.
But, just the other on some gynecological exam, doctor determined that she has some fluid in her pelvic area but he didn’t elaborate on this. Please tell me what could be the cause and could it be something serious?

Well, I really don’t know about this but I have read some literature about this just for this cause and listen what I have found.
If we are talking about pelvic organs and possible causes then conditions such as infection, adhesions and endometriosis are possible causes for this. So, only good gynecologist could help her with pelvic ultrasound and maybe some CT scan.
But there are also several other causes that could cause this and I don’t think it has something to do with her kidneys. You see, damaged liver can cause this also. Fluid first can be found in a pelvic region and then after it can cause condition called ascites-fluid in abdomen.
I cannot comment on whether it is urgent or not without a proper examination - but if there is any doubt, I would contact a physician in your area.