Here is some background information for you guys.

I first injured my shoulder when I was 14 by dislocating it in wrestling practice. When I was 15 I joined football and in practice when we would do hitting drills my should would end up subluxing and this occured multiple times a week but at most no more than 3 times per week for about a duration of a month. Then my shoulder started getting better and feeling stronger. The very first game I was running to sack the QB and lifted my arms in the air and was hit, my shoulder once again subluxed. After that I could barely move my arm in any movement. Raising my elbow higher than my ribs was impossible. Since then I have had MRIs which showed nothing is wrong with it though one doctor related my pain to a nerve in my back, I forget the name. From there I went through 6 months of physical therapy doing strength training exercises.

Ever since that hit in the game my shoulder has been "popping" if its rotated like if I was to do a backstroke swimming. I also get pain in my shoulder if I stand for long periods of time that will shoot down my arm and I can feel it through my nerves in between my bicep and tricep down to my fingers.

More recently, I am now 18 years old, I was playing racketball and while swinging the racket at the ball my shoulder popped and hurt almost as bad as when I first injured it. The next couple days I couldn't lift my arm above shoulder height and I am just now getting a wider range of motion after 1 week of taking anti-inflamitories.

The pain I've had in all of my injuries has been moderate to severe but dull. I can also no longer sleep on my right shoulder (the injured side) as a result.

What is the guess as to my shoulder issue? I'm thinking I just loosened up the tendons in my shoulder so it is not as tight as before but also I'm worried somehow I have slight damage to my labrum or rotator cuff. Any advice or ideas are welcome.

Yeah so anyone help me out here?

hey ive had almost identical issues with mine recently....im 17 and first did it when i was 12 or 13...it just happened 2 weeks ago in football (in hitting drills) and subluxed. I went for an MRI and have a torn labrum and some other technical stuff with cartilage being torn off the bone...EXACT same symptoms you listed...i would get it checked out again

Sounds to me like you have a torn labrum...

I hurt mine 4.5 years ago, and have just recently (about a month ago) had surgery to correct the injury. Mine would pop out of the socket then be sore for about a week which is why I let the problem go for so long. When I had mine scanned, they did an MRI arthrogram with the injected dye...when my doc put up the films he said that a tear of the labrum is not always visible (although mine was bad enough to show clearly) on mri films. I would maybe get a second opinion from another doc. All of your symptoms sound like labrum and not rotator cuff. Just an opinion. The surgery for labrum is not bad at all and a fairly easy recovery when you're young. Get it done sooner than later (if necessary)!!!

How much is the surgery including anasthesiologist, PT?

I've gone through an almost identical situation. I have sublocated my shoulder literally over 100 times between basketball and football. I ended up having an MRI and mine too came up negative. I decided to have surgery anyways to fix my shoulder and it turns out my labrum was torn. Sometimes you just can't see it on the MRI. I would recommend having the surgery done if you plan on staying active. It's about a 6 month recovery time period, but you can start doing most normal things after four, I started lifting light weights again at about 3 1/2 months. I returned to football 6 months on the day, started both sides of the ball and haven't had a problem with it. The worst side effect is your probably going to lose 5%-10% of your shoulder flexibility.