Hello people , I am only 15 year's old , nearly 16 now , and there is a problem , a vary big problem , now i am in year 10 and at the beggining of year 10 I could smell some weird fishy smell around me , i thought it was this boy that sat next to me , but after I realised it wasn't him it was me. Well I shower at least twice everyday , i use soap , and I wash everywhere , for like 1-2 hours it smells ok , but after little bit longer it starts smelling really bad :( . In class I am embarassed to sit next to my mates , ask for help , I always pretend that I am ill , just so I canget out of the lesson , and my grades are droping because of that , It's been like that nearly a year , and my parents are disapointed because my grades are droping .

i don't know what to do , I really don't want to go to doctors , it's so embarassing and sometimes I even go to my garden to eat my dinner , because it smell's so bad , i change my underwear at least 2-3 times a day , and my mum is bit worried.

I would appriciate if you guys would just help me out :( .

Thanks

Hi I,

Some smells are normal, especially a "musky" smell.  It's just your bodies way of "advertising" that you are out there and able to mate.  But, our society tends to frown on these smells.

A couple of things.  Are you cleaning under your foreskin?  When you urinate, do you wipe around your penis or just let it hang "wet?" Do you notice any rash around your penis? 

medic-dan wrote:

It's not a normal smell it's a really bad smell , i always have my coat or my bag on my knees :)

And yes i do clean under my foreskin ,and just the other day i got few little spot's there , but im sure it's not rash :) Thank you .

It's possible that you have a yeast infection.  It likes to grow in dark, warm, moist locations, like under your foreskin.

Check with your doctor.  It's better than avoiding everyone.

Good luck.

Sorry for my late reply to this!
I think I know answer about this problem and can explain you guys a little about it!
I totally understand that this can lead to slight depressions - but I found a solution!

First of all; I'm 99.9% sure you are wearing too thight brief's and/or you're wearing underwear that's made of synthetic fabric. This makes your genitalia unable to breath, the sweat will be unable to move and your penis is starting to smell!

Second; it could also be that your penis is leaking sperm, something you're unaware of - but this can actually happen, but I dont know the reason. Whatsoever, the smell is probably not because you got bad hygiene!

How to get rid of the smell?!
First thing in the morning & before going to bed;

• Take a shower! Pull down the skin and wash thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap - then rinse thoroughly - wash once more with same soap - then rinse thoroughly again!
  • Then you should let your penis dry up completely - you can set a hair-drayer at minimum speed, but do NOT get to close as it can get too hot!
  • Then you apply a cream twice a day on your penis (after shower - after your penis is completely dry)! The cream is for "Vaginal Yeast", but dont worry - it's hormone free and is completely safe for MENS as well! You can even ask them about this at your local Pharmacy!
  • The cream should contain at least; 2% Clomitrazole - there's a lot of Brands but I personally prefer "Canesten Thrush Cream" - $9.00!
  • If you're too nervous/shy to visit a Pharmacy to purchase this product - it's possible to order it online through different stores - and can also be ordered through eBay!

The smell is not normal, cleaning 24/7 won't help, not caused by masturbation, although it might accentuate it if the problem is already present - the problem being an infection. At the age of 50, for the first time, this happened to me. A doctor gave me no good advise. Antibiotics didn't help long-term. Daily cleansing did not help. nor did alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. This bothered me for 10 YEARS, until I read about d-mannose, a simple sugar, that rapidly (in only a few hours) cleared up urinary tract infections. I assumed that was what my problem was, so I had nothing to lose. Bought some, took it with a big glass of water - 3 capsules morning and night, and by the next day the problem was gone. I had to take three caps one other time about a week later, but that's it. No more problem FINALLY. no more embarrassment; no more wondering. So, maybe the hygiene suggestions are good for some people, but I bet the majority of such cases are simply a persistent infection, accompanied by no symptoms other than the smell.

The d-mannose is more attractive to the bacteria than whatever they are feeding on in the lining of your bladder or whatever ( I read they are in the seminal pathways too). So, as the d-mannose is being eliminated from your system, the bacteria leave the linings of the organs they live on, attach to the d-mannose, and then they are trapped and can't return the their old haunts. They then get eliminated with the urine...or semen.

The stuff works like a champ. But since it's not a high-dollar pharmaceutical product, doctors don;t seem to know about it, or care to tell the average person, man or woman, about how quickly, without expensive tests or lab visits, the sugar will work.

Anyone with a history of bladder, or urinary tract infections should get some of this stuff.

Hello there mjaym,

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing about the d-mannose. I got it for my boyfriend as the smell was killing me. It had started suddenly and was still there after half a year, he was convinced it was just a hygiene thing but no amount of washing would work, went to the doctor's and got cleared of STI's but that did not address the problem.

In the end I saw your post and ordered it off Amazon, and the smell went in three days! I'm so grateful to your for writing in, you have no idea how much you have saved my love life!

I am only 14 yrs old, not circumcised and I won't have the courage to talk about this to my parents. So HOW can I get rid of it ???
I wear Abercrombie underwear but I don't know if it is made out of synthetic or not.
I will try to dry my penis with a dryer, because I noticed some wrinkles just like the ones on your fingers when you get out of the pool, maybe the accumulation of sweat caused the smell. But what about the whitish material ??
Please answer asap !!!!

If your offered sex tomorrow what will you tell the girl?? ...  so go get it checked out asap.

Answers the questions of why do women make men wait??... same issue you have, but would never tell.

i have the same problem except that i am 5 years younger im too embarresed and shy to tell someone

same here with me

The fishy smell can be caused by smegma - the cheesy substance underneath the foreskin; if you are uncircumcised, you will want to be sure to clean under the hood (very carefully) to remove any built up material. Besides showering every day, you can search for products meant to control penile odor - Man1 Man Oil is one that has vitamin A, which can help cut down on odor-causing bacteria. Good luck!

Yea, the penis health creme can also make the skin smooth and soft; dry, cracked skin can attract bacteria, so it might help in that way, too.

I am suffering from the same problem and do have a rash but I am uncircumcised

No there is a chemical in your body that everyone has but you are producing to much of, you can use a drug to balancd the levels out and reduce the smell massively