my faithful boyfriend's precum and semen suddenly started smelling strongly of fish.....very strong. I don't smell, but carry his odor for days after having sex with him! It's really bad. Now I make him exit before ejaculation, and his odor is still there. Is this an indication of something serioius?

You might want to go to your GYN and get checked for Bacterial Vaginosis. Its nothing bad it happenes to tons of women.

I am disgusted you would suggest it is the females' problem....If a man smells of foul discharge and a woman is completely free of symptoms how dare you send her to GYN?
He obviously contracted this with someone else and passed it on....

fault and blame aside, the boyfried and girlfriend BOTH need to be evaluated! the boyfriend needs to be treated but the girlfriend needs to be checked too. "dormant" std's are much less dormant than most people know.

Easy people he's just taking way too many supplements and vitamins. It will store in the semen vs. being released when he urinates. It's smells and it's disguisting, but the problem is just a cut back on the supplements. 8-|

Thanks for the post -- I just experienced this and thought it was the Krill that he takes.

I've noted that taste changes depending on what my man eats but I wasn't prepared for the fishy smell.

I'll ask him to cut back. :-D

Guest wrote:

I'll ask him to cut back. :D

My boyfriend and I just started experiencing the same problem. We also just started taking vitamin supplements and I was questioning if the supplements could be the cause so thanks for the ionput we will both be cutting back immediatlely.

Easy now… Just because semen smells sometimes it doesn’t mean your man is running around. First of all when a man showers, he uses soap. Well at least you hope so… Some soaps especially ones with dies and fragrant(s) have chemicals that can cause a woman’s balance to become off. This is a big problem with “body-washes”. Another thing to ask is his diet. Is your man a beef-cake? Does he take protein supplements? The more protein ingested = the more protein absorbed. Of course the human body can only absorb so much protein depending on exercise and time index absorption. Proteins are building blocks (DNA). Protein can break down rather quickly. Sometimes instantaneous. Give it a warm wet place like a ….? and the process will last longer causing a greater significance in smell. Vitamins can have an affect as well as food. Hydration can play a roll in this equation. Remember you are what you eat… oh yeah there are other factors AGE and Sperm count. I will have to save that for another time.

I am going through this same problem, but have been assuming that he's cheating. Have you found that this is the case in your situation, or does this have some type of medical issue? Please respond with some information, because I also found that this came about from my previous relationship, but he was cheating. I don't want to assume, but don't want to be made a fool of either.

hey i actually had a similar problem so i lookd at my diet and noticed i am drink way less water and alot more energy drinks i slowed on the energy drinks and drank more water and eventually it went back to a sweeter smell

I had a similar problem with my boyfriend, his semen started to smell real bad all of a sudden. But noticed he had been.drinking alot lately as well. and his eating habits were horrible!
I suggested it was the beer, and sure enough it was, cause once he stopped drinking, the smell.went away...

I have been seeing a guy for a few weeks now and tonight we started to go a lil further and his precum had a very fishy smell. I didnt continue because the smell was very strong and I didnt want to get any stds...hence the reason I am looking this info up.

Whoa Hold up, just because it smells funny doesn't mean he's has an std or even an infection, it may just be dietary, maybe he hasn't cleaned in a few days or maybe it's genetic, either way do not accuse him of cheating over this!

As we know STD's are everywhere and most of them are not able to affect in any serious form, so trust me when i say ask about situations and problems before you make, usually a guessed, decision.  I myself have only recently noticed that i have the ' Fishy' smell and had swabs taken and been for checs, and nothing was found and what disappointed me was that not much , if any, information was given or further steps to sort the problem out. So i will have to try and sort it out and push the GP to getting to the route of the problem. Anyway my opinion is that STD's are a part of life that has been around for many century. People have what they have wether its a bacterial, fungal or viral, we are all a person underneath. Good luck people and stay happy :-)

is there any chance your pregnant? im asking because im experiencing the same thing and im in my first trimester. i dont think its a std because it would have shown up on my blood work. so im a little confused and concerned too.