My vagina seems to have a very strong odor, so string that if I am sitting down and move to cross my legs or something that I can smell it. I've been having unprotected sex with an uncircumsized guy for about a month now. I've been checked for STD's since, so I don't think it could be that. However, I have read that the smegma on an uncircumsized penis can have a foul odor and smell like cheese, which my vagina smells like. My period even smelled a little funny this time around. What could this be?

Well, did you ever notice that smell before, when you had an intercourse (it doesn't matter was it with an uncircumcised guy or not)? Your vagina can smell bad after changing partners, but to be honest, I really believe that it doesn't matter did you had sex with an uncircumcised guy or not - as long as this guy is healthy. Vaginal smell causes you to feel uncomfortable, but also that is a good thing to notice because in that case, you will know are you healthy or not. So, go to your doctor and tell him all about this. And, to be honest, I always believed that the hygiene is much better when it comes to uncircumcised guys. Maybe that is my mistake. 

wash it with warm water and salts

most definitely if you having sex with an uncircumcised guy it will smell.U have to be strict on cleanliness.My moto is if ur not clean i'm not having sex with u.Guys that are uncircumcised have to wash regularly because there can be a smell developing under all that foreskin.Just before sex have him wash his penis and make sure it is good.If soap doesn't work than use mouthwash.It will burn a bit but it gets rid of the smell

Mouthwash? I can't imagine any guy wanting to put that near his penis!

Uncircumsized or not, penises need to be kept clean just as much as vaginas do. You could always check how "clean" his penis seems and if it is, it's possible you have some kind of infection, not necessarily a STD.

Your doctor may be able to clear it up.

I've never heard of smegma...however, as it turns out, that's the correct name. Duck Butter is what I've always heard it called :-)
Anyway, I'm not circumcised either and I clean my penis daily with soap and often use Listerine, peroxide (which bubbles), and even alcohol which stings a bit, but I guarantee the penis will be clean as a whistle.

Dear, my bet is that you've had sex with a guy that has an infection. Not an STD, but just your run-of-the-mill funk. Could be a yeast infection, or hell, who knows what. Truth is, sex with an uncircumcised man is a c**p-shoot. There's a lot of nasties that can live in a foreskin. You know that now that it's taken up residence in your crotch!!!! See your doc, get it fixed, and insist on sex with a condom.

my hubby is also uncircumsized. i had the same symptoms as you. i went to the dr. and they said it was bacterial vaginosis. it isnt an std :-) they treat it with an antibiotic and it goes away! but i would definetly have ur man wash it b4 sex. the vagina is a very sensitive...and temperamental area! good luck

I have a boyfriend and he is not dirty and I at first i thought it was a STD but i got tested and negative...I used a product call rephresh and the smell went a way ....is this going to be enough or will i have to go to the doctor ...oh and its a weird smell not like cheese at all

My penis smells like her p***y now i have only had sex with one other girl in my life and she has had a few couples... Its not a bad bad smell it just smells like her p***y. This is after a week should i be scarred?

I have been seeing a guy now for over a year and yes he is uncircumsized, He has a very nasty fish smell, which I have smelt on me after sex, I have frequently been to the doctor and have no std's but tests come back with BV or thrush. I need advice is he giving it to me and I havn't got the heart to ask him to go to the doctor's, HELP what do i do.

I am glad I am not alone. I am getting BV weekly. I'm gonna have to say something to him. Will medicating him cure the problem?

America is the only non-3rd world country to have high circumcision rate.
Male Genital Mutilation is terrible and i thank god my family didn't mutilate my penis when i was born.
Mine never smells, girls never complain that it does and i have never had a girl with the issue in the original post.
My guess is you have an infection.
I find all these guys on here that are bad mouthing men with foreskin kinda funny. You do not need to feel insecure about being circumcised.
In Europe no body cares.
And in truth, no one should care.
Its not uncircumcised that lead to bad hygiene. One of my ex's had small boobs and she smelt, that doesn't mean all girls with small boobs have body odor =P

Using words like "mutilate" only show that you're the one insecure about being uncircumcised. That's called projection. This is America not Europe so I'm not sure we care about what they do over there. I find it interesting that all these uncircumcised guys all say the same thing...."mine never smells" and "girls never complain" are the most common ones. Ummm....have you ever thought that girls probably haven't told you that your penis smells like foot because we don't really wanna hurt your feelings 8-|? Trust me, I've been in that situation before. Personally, I've had 2 bad experiences with uncut guys but if I were to meet a great guy and he's uncircumcised, I wouldn't let that deter me from loving him just the same. Of course, hygiene in that certain area will be highly monitored. Ask her friends what she thinks about it and you might just get the truth. We girls do like to talk when we're alone with no guys around and let me tell you, it's not pretty or flattering to uncircumcised guys...

I am an uncircumcised guy who feels a little offended by some of the comments posted about cleanliness. The fact is that circumcised guys can and will be just as dirty as a guy with a foreskin. If he doesnt wash it will smell and can cause problems but also you can cause problems by washing too much. Only a doctor can tell you if your problems are normal or if there are issues. Guys need to take responsability for there sexual health and women need to be able to tell them if they notice a problem or the guys may just not notice or realize that they are the cause of the problems. As for the smell after sex me and my partner of three years had this problem when we got together and went to a sexual health specialist where it turns out our PH levels didn't match. This is nothing serious and can be fixed with various of the shelf creams.