My boyfriend and I have been together a year.. he loves oral sex and so do I BUT he is uncircumcised and when we have oral sex his penis has a very distinct fishy odor .. even shortly after a shower .. shower or not when the skin pulls back its really bad and it has a wet look to it .. he wonders why I don't give him oral as much as when we first met but its really a gagging smell. I wonder how he doesn't smell it when I can without being "down there" .. as soon as he takes his boxers off I can smell it somewhat ?? seriously can he not tell?? Does anyone know what this smell is or where it comes from??? Thanks guys or gals!

You should tell him. If its been a year then you should be more than comfortable with eachother enough to let him know. Maybe he is unaware and he does not wash his penis correctly? Tell him to scrub it with body wash or even soap. Be straight up.

I had the same problem and i didnt want to say anything and now when i have intercourse I can smell the same thing coming out of me :S now i have this weird smelling discharge. Either tell him to get looked at or clean better cus u can be affected too! Good Luck!

this is his basic hygene traped sweat breeds bacteria behined the forskin and glans (bell end) spent semen vaginal juices sweat and urine can collect this concoction can produce a sustance known as smegma a living biological organism like yougart ,cheese, or yeast, the sperm is actualy dead and decoposing and so the smell of dead (little fish) that wafts up in a warm enviroment he may be unaware or think its normal to remidy this peel the forskin back take a specimine from the ridge of his glans  and present it to him im a caring manner ofcourse if he can smell it if he says no crude as it sound give him a chance to examine it closer..... once thats established with the skin taught mildly pre-abrase with sea salt ans mabey diluted rosemary oil (in almond oil) this serves as an anti fungicidal make him wash in this maner after sex too removing any left over sperm from the ureathra urinating to flush it out follow these instructions and his willy will be a place of pleasure again ...oh if a man mastrabtes or has sex away from home somthing fishy could be going on god i hope that helped

I have this same problem. The odor makes me gag! Even if he is in bed in just his underwear, the smell is in his underwear and leaks constant. He does not want to admit there is an odor or issue. I have spoken to him and he becomes very offended since he spends his life making sure he is so very healthy, yet he does not want to spend anytime paying attention to the hygiene of his penis. I really don't know what the heck to do about it. I love him so much and the very idea of doing anything oral is completely out of the  question with me.  I also notice now that I have the same order coming out of me, even weeks after we have been together and I keep getting bacterial infections as well. This is incredibly hard for me and we are engaged so I'm really not sure - normally this should be a deal breaker, right?

The fishy odor could be the result of a mild yeast infection, or it could be caused by bacteria that accumulate under the foreskin. This is not necessarily a hygiene issue, as men who do clean themselves properly may also experience unpleasant odors; however, washing the  area and rinsing thoroughly is important. Applying a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) containing vitamin A can help to reduce bacteria-related odors, as it is a natural antibacterial agent.

Here are some instructions for your boyfriend:

It is really easy to painlessly clean out your foreskin without retracting it. Here are two ways:

1. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside. This is best done in the shower as it tends to be messy. Do that as often as you can.

or

2. Get a rubber bulb ear syringe from a drug store, pharmacy, or chemist’s shop. These are designed to squirt warm water into ear canals to clean them out. They also work great for cleaning out foreskins. Fill the ear syringe with warm (not hot) water and then insert the tip of the syringe into your foreskin. Then squeeze the bulb and a jet of warm water will squirt into your foreskin and clean out whatever is inside. This can be done over the bathroom washbasin.

Don’t use soap or body wash inside your foreskin because soap dries out the skin oils essential for good health.

http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/balanitis/birley/

hi. The fishy odour your describing is from the bacteria that collects in the folds of the foresKin. It is completely normal for genitals to smell in there natural state, women will smell to if cleaning is not taken seriously. Washing with mild unscented soap and water, pulling back the foresKin if possible when peeing and wiping any urine away from head of penis, and keeping the foresKin and head of penis from not getting wet during the day should help. Urine, dead skin cells, and dried sperm are what collect inder the foresKin and produce smegma. This needs to be washed away a couple of times a day. I used to be uncircumcised, was cut at 26.

thanks very helpful

An unpleasant penis odor is a very common problem for many men, unfortunately – and I definitelty used to be one of them,, so I know what I’m talking about In addition to proper washing, make sure to regularly use a quality penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) that contains vitamin A. The anti-bacterial properties of vitamin A, applied directly to the tool, help to rapidly fight unwanted odors.

Agreed, my bf had the same problem and started pulling back his foreskin to clean, then applying a penis health cream with vitamin A. It made a big difference for him.

Yup, a safe antibacterial creme like Man1 Man Oil can help if bacteria is a problem. Good to get checked out for yeast infection or other problems in addition.

This is a very common and inconvenient problem. The smell is coming from the collection of bacteria under his foreskin. Have him start using a penis health creme containing Vitamin A every day. The Vitamin A will help kill and manage the bacteria that are causing the smell. There are a great many other health benefits to using one of these cremes too. I highly recommend it. Cheers.

Hi, what you are smelling is bell end tuna.

Or he'll do it for him I certainly would!!! No joke!!!!