hello, i am 27 year old using implanon for around 5 years now (2nd implant). recently i have begun getting my period again, and have also experienced a large loss of sexual drive. seemingly coupled with this i have also noticed that during sex i emmit a rather pungent strong smell, its kind of fishy i guess, and occasionally my partner is getting some white foamy residue on his penis after sex. my doctor assures me i dont have an std. my last pap was about 6 months ago which came back fine. the only thing different in my life for the last 2 years is my partner really, and he is faithful beyond question (i know this, as he is typing this lol). the main thing is this smell. it is ruining our sex life as it is turning both of us off being intimate. PLEASE HELP!!

i think you might have bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis, which is mostly alteraton in normal bacterial flora of the vagina. if you have any itching i sugeest you consult a gynaecologist..... if after microscopical exam of your vagginal discharge is normal then it just might be totally normal as almost every woman has a different smell of their vaginal secretion...
i hope you get fine and enjoy your sex life...

The most unpleasant thing ever! I hate when this happens. When this happened for the first time, my ex - boyfriend didn't want to tell me that I smell really bad down there, but I have noticed his faces. I don't know how I would explain to him that I am probably struggling with some infection. It is really bad and this is why we all start to seek for the causes.Usually, vaginal smell causes so called bacterial vaginosis, and it is usually manifested with this 'fishy odors'. Some infections like a yeast infection can occur after your period, as your vaginal pH is different. Try using feminine cleaning products like pHresh - it helped me and my doctor recommend it for me. 

your partner could be having sex with someone else cause i have a boyfriend and i didn't have a smell until he had sex with someone else i ask him when i started to have this fishy odor when we have sex this smell was during sex not after sex i new any way he had sex with someone else cause i only sleep with one man and when he having sex with someone else something all ways happen to my vagina i don't know why but it do

Omg! I'm having the same problem. Before sex and after sex there is no smell but during sex it smells like fish. I hate this, when I first smelled it I asked my fiancé he said na I don't smell nothing, that's why he's pulling the covers up right? Lol men! Ugh. Do I need to go to the doctor or is this normal? Once again it's only during not before or after.

What is pHresh? Please