I was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem. A few months ago I started having unprotected sex with my boyfriend who is uncircumcised and he ejaculates inside of me. Shortly after I began to notice a bad fishy odor coming from my vaginal area. Originally neither one of us had the odor, but he started to smell of the fishy smell, then I started to smell. I went to the doctor, and without even checking me he insisted it was BV and gave me antibiotics. I completed the antibiotics, and resumed having unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Again I started to smell that same fish odor, however we had also engaged in anal intercourse, and the smell is coming from my anal area as well. My boyfriends’ penis smells fishy and so does his semen even after he cleans himself. I researched on the internet and I see things such as BV, or Trich, or yeast, but not all the symptoms match exactly. Is this just normal for a male that is uncircumcised to smell, and if so does that mean I will smell this way every time we have sex and he ejaculates inside of me? If this is an STD or infection what do we do?

What you discribing sounds like a STi. Namely Chlymidia..Please ask your boyfriend to be truthful and ask him if he has had random discharges from his penis (have you had random discharges, yellow in colour sometimes). He will know straight away as the discharge is ussually yellow in colour and can have a fishy smell to it.

I only know this as my misses wanted to try unproteced anal sex to see what all the fuss was about. Being naieve we went from front to back etc. Needless to say she statred not long after with a fishy smelling discharge although i showed no symptoms. She had a check done and found out she had chlymidia. For me i started a few months later. For a man they need to see their Gp and will get refered to a clinic where they put (what looks like a cotton bud on a large slim stick) down the shaft of the penis (not very pleasent but needs to be done). Luckery i didnt have to endure this as when i told my GP that my misses had been diagnosed with chlymidia he imediatley put me on a cousre of medication which cleared up the problem.

If you both feel comforatble with the whole anal sex thing then make sure you use a condom (as always).

"warm water and salts" would get rid of this fishy smell. Dont use too much salts though...1/2 tea spoon for 1/2 glass or 1 glass of warm water.
I hope this would help you guys b/c it worked for me. :-)

just tell him to take a shower before sex

My boyfriend is uncircumcised too and I noticed him having that same smell it was very different never been with a guy that is uncircumcised. I started getting bladder infections really bad and I knew the smell wasn't right and my doctor even advised me to tell him, so I took his hand and very kindly...I thought told him he has a smell down there and would he come in the shower with me for some wash-up foreplay basically. Well he was so offended that now he wont talk to me says he needs time alone to think about us...this happens 2 days after we tell each other we love each other. I am very sad and confused I really thought that I said it in the nicest possible way and I let him know it was for health reasons and that it really sucks to have on going bladder infections. I don't know what to do Im completely in shock and heartbroken....sucks really bad! help me.

this same thing happens to me. i dont know what to do.
i have been with my b/f for about 8 months. for the first few we used condoms, now we dont and ive been having what i think is bv. i got tested for that 2 months ago and was prescribed antibiotics. it went away and came back. also, when i was tested for bv i got tested for EVERYTHING. totally clean. no chlamydia or gonareea (sp?).

i tried taking acidophilus and folic acid, it seemed to help.

i was just tested again last week and my cultures came back clean.

to help the smell i take those vitamins and rinse with diluted peroxide. i hope we can figure this out. using condoms would cure this i'm sure but there has got to be another way.

good luck

Im a guy and I have the fishy smell coming from my oenis but im still a virgin i dont know whats going on?! im only 13!!!

Ok, so it gets warm and moist behind that foreskin: prime bacteria-growing site! And it's rather embarrasing, because you think others might figure you smell...fishy.

So next time you shower, pull the foreskin right back, give it a good soaking - by golly, be careful - it's a pretty tender area and can bleed if you are too rough. (If your' penis starts bleeding, hold back the blood flow with a tissue till it can clot - it should be ok. Of course, if you can't stop bleeding, seek medical attention.)
You should also be careful what solutions ie: soaps, gels etc you clean your' penis with, because it might irritate.

Make sure your' penis is thoroughly dried after washing. You may wish to dry it with toilet paper after urinating as well.

Finally, the fishy smell may get worse if you have masturbated and not properly cleaned you penis afterward. I recommend not
using socks or other orifices or toys - just use your' hand. Make sure that you wash your' hands with warm, soapy water before and after masturbating, and always clean semen off your' body. I strongly recommend washing and thoroughly drying your' penis after masturbating, although this may take some work to make a habit of.

All the best, you fishy-smelling peoples: - J.

Eugene

-Fishy odor is what us medical students are taught as signs of "Gardnerella vaginalis". If there is discharge from the vagina and it is gray/green that also is indicative. However, it could be trichomonas. Either case, the treatment is usually a drug called metranidazole for the male and the female. Male's tend to harbor these bacteria/protozoa (respectively) without clear symptoms.

Make sure to go to a physician (primary physician should be fine) to get everything checked out.

well ive been with my bf for 4 yrs already. and ive never smelled any fisshy odors on his penis. and he is uncircumsized.
maybe yur bf doesnt clean it very well.
maybe you can try douching.
and maybe his semen smells as a result to what he eats.
they do say the taste in a mans semen depends on what he eats.

Ask the damn doctor. You think by going online and asking people that are not certified in a degree is going to help? You have something else coming to you.

If you are a female that continues to get a fishy order after having sex it is probably bacterial vaginosis and a dose of metronidazole will cure it, until the next time. This is because the ph levels in your vaginia doesn't stabilize on it's on after sex or a menses. The cheapest and easiest way to resolve this problem is to add yogurt to your diet. A yogurt a day will keep the odor away and return the vagina to its natural levels.

It is most likely not any type of STD or STI.  As someone else had mentioned, its simple proper cleaning.  My ex would always shower before intercourse but he would not shower after.  I noticed that if we engaged in intercourse after he showered everything was fine, but if we did it again a few hours later, he would have a faint smell.  If it was later that day or night, the smell was stronger.  The more sex without proper cleaning, the worse the smell would get.  He actually invested in baby wipes and keeps them in the bedroom now.  The problem with that is that if he cleans himself and does not throughly dry it, the problem still exists because the skin folds over the moist area and bacteria grows (causing the smell).

As a female, the more sexual relations that you have with someone who is uncircumsized and not properlly cleaning their self, the more you are going to get bacteria infections.  They are a "cured" with a simple antibiotic but it is a PITA to have to go to the doctor for it every time.  Prior to my ex doing the baby wipe and dry towel thing, I was getting them once to twice a month... it was quite annoying and embarassing.

I have an easy answer, carry alcohol prep pads when you are not at home and pull the foreskin back. Then clean all around the foreskin and underneath the head of the penis. That will keep you clean for hours and if you urinate a lot, do it every other time you urinate. If you are at home, pull back the foreskin and use a half cap of alcohol and spread it with your fingers underneath the head of the penis and on the foreskin. It works like a charm.

Epson salts obviously right?