Gall Bladder pain, Caused by bacteria what are the antibiotic treatment options ?

3 years ago I was taken into the emergency room with EXTREME PAIN...I was running a fever and my liver enzymes were 10 times higher then they should have been. I was released....next day I got a phone call from my personal doctor informing me to get to the hospital immediatly. I had 72 gallstones and was in serious jeopardy of losing my life. From what I understand you dont really need your gallbladder...it helps with the production of bile, which your liver does...I recommend asking your doctor to send you for an ultrasound, check and see if you have stones...and if you do, and are in good health otherwise, get that thing taken out. The recovery time for me was 1 day after surgery in the hospital (I was in for a week on IV antibiotics before they would operate) and maybe 3 days of moderate discomfort. Good luck :-)

I have the same thing now, i've had pain for a few months and did a catscan an ultrasound and a nuclear medicine test my doctor told me i had an infection in my gall bladder, he didnt tell me what kind but i had to take antibotics called the hp pack it came with 4 different pills u take in the morning and evening they helped me a little but i still feel some pain.

My Father just went through this. We took him to the ER, he was admitted and given anti biotics through an IV for 3 days. They also put a drainage tube in his gall bladder to drain all of the infection and to reduce the size of his extremely enlarged gall bladder. The drainage tube was in about 6 weeks. He then underwent Lapriscope (spelling) surgery.
I really feel like the drainage tube, even though it was a big hassle for him, made it easier for him and saved him from having his gall bladder surgically removed. My Father has severe coronary artery disease so any type of surgery puts him at a very high risk.
Hope this helps.

did the hp pack of anti biotics work for u?

I am going on to almost two months drainage tube out but tube still in my gallbladder. Feb. 14th see my Doctor after more test and see about surgery?