Hi my friend (25) is detected with gall bladder polyps since last 3-4 years. the symtoms like nausia, pain etc is now started to recurr. On diagosis it is observed that the the number of polyps has increased from 2 to 3 , and size of those has also increased by few mm. Is there any treatment other than removal of gall blader for it? If so please suggest me

As far as i know, there is only way one-gallbladder removal. Gallbladder polyps are usually related to gallstones and even if there are no stones and the size of polyps gets bigger and they start causing symptoms and troubles, the only way to get rid of these troubles is by gallbladder removal.

People can normally live without a gallbladder, with more or less side effects especially at the beginning until the body gets used to its absence. The only difference would be that the bile won't be kept withing gallbladder but within liver and may be constantly leaking which could lead to diarrhea.

I think so too. I had experience with gallbladder polyps and it was pretty nasty. I was in pain and I went to ER so they did this ultrasound or whatever else. They discovered it but it was pretty nasty, it was bigger than we all expected so the only way was gallbladder removal. Sure, that I was scared at the beginning, I believed that this is something that I will have to deal for the rest of my life and then my doctor told me that the good news is that I can live without it totally. So, yes, you can live perfectly normal, sure - you will have some side - effects. 

hi I suffering HTB gallbladder polyps 4.4mm can i undergo in gall bladder surgery?