I have a ejection factor of less than 20% and a small pain in my right upper side .Doctor says it doesnt have to come out,but my primary md says it needs to.Who is right?

Guest wrote: I have the same problem 14% with a small pain in upper right side. Surgeon says try to live with it, nurse prac says remove it??? I don't know what to do. I've heard it can cause and infection and turn gangerene???

The major criterion for gallbladder removal is if ejection rate is below 30 percent and that is obviously the case here. Basically, that means that bile is collecting inside gallbladder instead of it being forwarded further to aid digestion and most common cause for this to happen is because of the gallstones. But your doctor probably checked for those? If I was in your place, I'd get a second opinion - there is something obviously wrong and you not secreting enough bile will cause you even more problems with digestion - you can't digest proteins and fats without it.

nikols wrote:

jesusgal wrote: I don't have any gallstones. If i have the gallbladder removed then how does my body get the bile to digest fats and proteins. What r any possible complications?