i had my gallbladder emoved a week ago, and the last couple days have experienced the same sort of pain i had before. high up in the stomach (very painful) i thought by having surgery i wouldnt experience this pain anymore. doctors said it just takes time to heal, but cant understand why its the same sort of pain.

Anyone help??

What the doctors usually don't tell you about gallbladder surgery is that there is a fairly big chance that your digestion and pain might still be a bit off even after the removal. That's because some people experience the pain because of the problem with the gallbladder itself (like when someone has gallstones), but the actual bile is not produced in the gallbladder - it's produced in your liver and is transported to the bladder through bile ducts. These ducts can get obstructed or be the cause for the pain. Sometimes even the removal itself triggers previously normal bile ducts to become clogged, overactive and to cause pain. So that's what you need to ask your doctors about when you have a checkup

i actually went to the doctors before i read your email. he said it could be imflammation of the stomach. so hes given me a course of omeprazole. 

since leaving the doctors the pain has been consistent and is actually a litttle in my chest and leaving me short of breath. i dont know if i should just leave it couple, if it is what he says or go back.

i just feel really down in the dumps as i had this pains for over two years and was so relieved to have had this operation finally.

Hi

I have had this same problem. I had mine out 5 years ago and still have the pain, however it doesn't last as long but in the last few days the pain has gotten worse. To the point where i cant stand up straight. And by bowels have never been the same either.