Hi I just had an abdominal ultrsound, which  came out fine, except for gas blocking some of my organs and 1 kidney is longer than the other,. Also a hyda scan results 13% ejection Fraction, I am constantly Bloated, (I look Pregnant) I can't loose weight and feel like I have the flu all the time and a headache for over a week now. I don't eat fried, fatty foods. Do I have to have my gallbladder removed, and if so whats the real recovery time and after effects.

13% ejection fraction is quite low, and that is why the docs want to remove the gall bladder so it doesn't develop into something more serious. A person can live a normal life without a gall bladder. Removing it just eliminates a place to store bile. The bile will now go directly from the liver to the intestines and digestion of fats will still continue.

You may have gallbladder surgery as an outpatient, or you may stay 1 or 2 days in the hospital.

Most people can return to their normal activities in 7 to 10 days. People who have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery are sore for about a week. But in 2 to 3 weeks they have much less discomfort than people who have open surgery. No special diets or other precautions are needed after surgery.