I have been having right pain getting worse. In the past few days the pain has become almost unbearable.

The pain is in my right back side, and front side touching is horrible.

My hida scan shows 92% ejection rate. My GI says that is OK but my primary says that is not good at all. I see a surgeon friday for a consult and was hoping to put off a surgery until our exchange student leaves at the end of July but my primary says I should not wait but not sure what to do.

Went to doctor yesterday she gave me something for pain alll it did was make me tired and took off the edge. But was is confusing is that my GI says that he isn't sure taking out the Gallbladder would help and my Primary says I should do it.

Too confusing.

I probably will just end up adding some more confusion, but it seems that there is no definite answer as to what would high ejection rate would mean. That's because it seems easy to know what does low rate means - there is something obstructing flow of bile, so that is what is causing pains, indigestion and other symptoms. However, this high ejection rate can mean that your gallbladder is overactive and that is what is causing the pain. I suppose that's why your primary is for removal - that usually is the only way of relieving gallbladder symptoms. And if surgeon agrees, than it definitely is better to take it out before it causes even more trouble.

I work in a GI clinic. I see a lot of patients with normal ejection fraction that still need the gallbladder out. The HB scan does not tell if you have gallstones. You need and abd ultrasound to know if you have gallstones.

get it done, It is your gallbladder. My ejection rate was high 90's also. Surgeon says that is a bad sign, I have an inflamed gallbladder, I have had this problem for 6 yrs now, almost 7, It has got so bad that I cannot eat anything without it hurtn, I will hopefully have surgery this mth, I hav had to find insurance to cover it. All my tests proved nothing, normal hida scans and ultrasounds and blood work and xrays, whats the use of tests if they cant find problem,

I have been having what I think is gallbladder problems, I lost 17 pounds in 2 months and every thing I eat gives me pain in my upper right side that goes into my back. I had a Hida Scan done yesterday and it had a 92% rate. And I had a ultra sound with no stone. I am seeing a surgeon on Monday, my doctor still thinks my Gallbladdet still needs to come out. What I want to know is 92% to high I read that it should be between 35 and 75