Is it true that garlic can help me with my herpes problem? I’ve heard about garlic oil (I think it was oil, but I’m not sure) working great on several occasions when herpes blisters were extremely often and widespread. I have herpes on my face very often and I hope this garlic oil can help, I just hope it doesn’t smell as bad as the vegetable itself.

Allicin is the substance found in garlic which is proven to be very useful in treatments of all kinds of infections. One of very popular products containing pure allicin is called Allimax and it works as an effective destroyer of viruses and of fungi. It showed great results with fungi such as Microsporum gypseum, Malbranchea pulchella, Chrysosporium tropicum etc. The list is far from complete, but in some cases the garlic product is tested on animals only or was successful in less than 50% of the cases. As for their antiviral activity, garlic products were used in cases of human cytomegalovirus, influenza B, herpes simplex virus, parainfluenza virus type 3, human rhinovirus type 2 etc. with substantial success. This means that using Allimax or any other allicin - based product might improve your situation with herpes. Some reports say that several topical applications were enough and also that the odour weakens and disappears soon after the usage. So don’t be afraid to try with garlic.