I need advice. I am still a teenager (female, 18) and seriously overweight. I tried many things and nothing helped. I exercise some and trying not to eat too much, but it does NOT help!!! I am still overweight… But I read somewhere- Bariatric Surgery… people loose more than 100 lbs! Can teenagers qualify for this operation?
Thanks for advice!

Hi there!
Some bariatric surgeons accept elder people and some even teenagers! But bariatric surgery is the last thing I would recommend you. This is a real operation with pain and everything that goes along. And risk, there are big risks!!! Have you talked to your doctor? You must advise your doc before taking any action. Did you have any obesity treatments in a hospital?
Bariatric Surgery is for extremely obese people with body mass index more than 40. It means they are around 100 lbs overweight. Besides that Bariatric Surgery is used when other more conventional weight loss programmes have been tried and failed. Plus candidates for Bariatric Surgery must generally have severe obesity-related health problems. Are you a part of this group?

I had gastric bypass surgery 5 weeks ago and it was a huge help in my weight loss. All tho if you are thinking about having it done no matter how young or old you are no matter what your current health status is you MAY HAVE complations. I am 24 and have no physical health problems and i still had complations. However it is the best way to lose weight and keep it off if you are obsey. Trust me I know this.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

:-D

I do not prefer you Bariatric Surgery in teenage. I have experience of LAP-BAND Surgery 3 years before. I have many benefits from it. It loses my weight up to 30-40%. It also helps me to reduce risk of Heart Diseases and Cancer. It also helps to cure diabetes. But in all surgery there are many side effects luckily I had not suffer from any one. As per my opinion you should weight till to become young. Then you can go for it if you want to do.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***