Hi, I suffer from depression, and my doctor recommended me cognitive therapy exercises. I will start with them in one week, but I’m not sure what to expect. Does anybody know what cognitive therapy is?

Hi, cognitive therapy helped me a lot when I was anxious. This psychotherapy will help you recognize destructive patterns of thinking and replace them with positive ones. Cognitive therapy is often used together with medications for depression or anxiety. I was in a group with other patients, and we often had exercises. We would have to answer some questions, and then to discus our answers. Cognitive therapy exercises helped me very much, because I had a chance to hear from other people their honest opinions concerning my problems and anxiety. I feel much better now, because I managed to face my underlying problems and causes of anxiety. First few times, I couldn’t be honest in front of the other people, but believe me, it will be much easier when you see the others doing that. Be persistent and you will succeed.

Celebrity
Cognitive therapy (CBT) is excellent for dealing with anxiety and depressive problems. I wrote an article on here a few months ago about my experience using CBT that you can read on this link :-)

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/article.php?mode=view&hpr=Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy__Best_non_med_treatment_for_anxiety_and_stress_problems&article_id=958

Celebrity
Hi and I hope everyone is off to a good start in the new year :-)

The TEA form exercise iin the book by Sam Obitz about overcoming dysfunction is the one that has helped me the most.

Obviously I am in agreement Mib :-D

Celebrity
Mosie are you still around> How are you doing now?

Celebrity
One last try to reach out... Mosie you still around?

Celebrity
Spring is here and I hope everyone is doing well!

I am so happy to learn of this exercise today. My anxiety is bad and I need help. I hope this will help me too.

Celebrity
Hi Ryoko,

If you dedicate yourself to doing the TEA form exercise daily I'm pretty sure it will help you a lot. Let me know if you have any questions?