Hello, I am 45 years old and since I am already suffering from depression, I am a bit afraid of the menopause that is slowly closing to me. I would just like to be prepared and get to know all possibilities for help. Anyone had any benefits of cognitive behavior therapy?

I did not use that method for my menopause problems. I had to use medications for depression that came and went form time to time. And when you combine that with mood changes, you can just imagine what a great time I had during my menopause. Luckily, that period of my life is gone now.

Celebrity
Cognitive behavioral therapy is excellent for treating anxiety disorders and depression, but I doubt it would help with something hormonal like menopause.

I wrote an article on this site on my experience with CBT for anxiety and depression which you can read here is you are interested.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/article.php?mode=view&hpr=Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy__Best_non_med_treatment_for_anxiety_and_stress_problems&article_id=958

I hope you find something that helps you :-D

Celebrity
Elfrida did you give cognitive therapy a try? I hope you are feeling better :-D

Cognitive therapy is really useful if you do the exercises like the thought countering TEA forms. They really work if you work them :-D
Nice article JR.

Thanks mib I am glad you enjoyed my article :-D
And of course you are right about the value of cbt and the TEA form exercise too :-|

Celebrity
How's everything going mib? Just wanted to say hi and see how you are? XD

Celebrity
Elfrida and Mib are you both still around? Just wondering how you are both doing?

Celebrity
Elfrida and Mib are you still posting here? How are you both doing?

Celebrity
Since it's a pain to cut and paste the link to my CBT article I am re-posting a simpler link. Just click here to read it :)

Celebrity
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I'm doing great XD