I've had anxiety 24-7 for over a year now. I continue to work but it is so hard,because i am a waitress. I've been on wellbutrin and it seems to make it worse. Monday I change over to celexa. Hope this is gonna work for me. Has anyone been on celexa for anxiety and did it work.

Celebrity
Celexa helps somepeople but if you want lasting relief you need to take action. Join a CBT group or read some CBT books like the one by Sam Obitz and start doing the thought countering exercise called the TEA form and learn to think more objectively and be able to calm yourself down. CBT is the most effective treatment for anxiety and panic.

Good advice. Cbt is the way to go if you want lasting relief.

i've never tried celexa, but wellbutrin did nothing for me either. effexor was what worked for me, but everyone is different. unfortunately, you have to try them all for yourself and see what works for you.

Celebrity
There's nothing wrong with taking meds but to me it is like fixing a leaky roof versus solving the problem with a new roof. I was on meds when i learned CBT and they helped me focus but CBT has given me lasting relief and gotten me off all my meds. Yes it is much harder to change the way you think than to take a pill or pills every day but in the long run you look back and realize it was a small sacrifice to make.