I was recently diagnosed with anxiety and I'm still trying to find ways to cope with lately I've been feeling like I'm being smothered when I go to sleep I'm exhausted is affecting me at work and I don't know what to do my doctor gave me Pills, but they sometimes don't work my mother is really worried about me and so is my boyfriend what do I do

Take it one step at a time?, Easyer said than done huh... I too suffer from anxiety disorder. And up to this point i still cant figure out how to make it stop, sure over time your mind+body will adapt. Pills are not the answer stay way from them, they will give you bad side effects. When your anxiety gets out of control try hard to think logically the cause of what triggered and try super hard to nip that in the butt. Exercise may help you, running, cardio boxing, etc..  But it may also trigger it due to the nature of anxiety. Idk I feel like i'm rambling on. Stay strong.

Thank you for your support

I quit smoking 17 months ago. I developed bad anxiety right after. The doctors gave me zoloft and klonopin to help me. I lasted 2 weeks as I hated the feeling when on them. Many people said to give it a month or so..No thanks. It took 12 months but I am 95% anxiety free now. I started to just accept what my body was going through. I knew it was not going to kill me after going to the ER 2x not being able to breath. All tests came back fine. I started to eat healthier, more exercise and more rest. After having complete blood work done, I was low on vitamin d. I started taking 5000iu daily and after a month or so the anxiety dropped a lot. Not sure if that was it or not but I have read that low vitamin d levels can cause anxiety. I also started taking fish oil pills which help brain function. You can try Calms Forte which says for sleep but it helps me when I feel anxious anytime. Just go with the flow of your body and once you start to just accept the anxious feels you will see they get further and further apart. Try deep breathing exercises and relaxing music as well. Good Luck.

Not sure if the omega 3 work.. Ive been taking them for over 1 year or so. But being low on the vitamin you could on to something, ive been to the hospital back and forth too not once have they told i was low on something. I just came back from a 12 min walk... and that got my anxiety going.. i mean wtf?. I guess it make sense i haven't exercised in well over 2 years, and as i stated before due to the nature of running and an anxiety the mind and body maybe confused by it.

How did your disorder start?

When I started a new job

It wasn't at the hospital it was when I went for a full physical at my primary doctors who told me I was low on the vitamin d. Being a former smoker I wanted a bunch of test done just for my own state of mind.

Not sure when you started but give it some time. It's never easy starting something new. What about it makes you nervous? Is there public speaking involved?

No but I do have to interact with people on a daily basis

OK. So maybe you have social anxiety? Get some books or meet with a phycologists who can teach you to overcome your fears. It's called CBT and proven to work better than meds. Meds mask the problem CBT teaches you how to approach your fears. Read up on it. Good luck.

Had a panic attack in my sleep  last that never. This morning I feel horrible is that normal 

I had quite a few of those where you jump up out of bed gasping for air. Don't worry you won't die. I've had a hand full of them and I'm still here. I remember going to bed getting all worked up thinking, will I get another tonight? I've even had them just dozing off on the couch. Like I said earlier, it's been over 12 months. You can get past it. If you Google anxiety/panic attack I'm pretty sure no one has ever died from a having one. I remember feeling so drained after having a panic attack. It sucks I know.

yea that has also has happen to me. Do you know if its hereditary? Your agoraphobia, social anxiety?