For about a year and a half I've had problems with burning,itching, discarge,dicoloration and open sores in and around my vagina plus strange bumps on the lips surounding the vagina. I saw my family dr more times then I can count and all times he treated as an yeast infection. When clearly it was not the case and I know that. The medication never worked so I gave up and lived with the reacuring problem. Til I heard of another dr and right away made an appt. to see him. By this time it had all ready been over a year sense I've had these problems. The Dr took one look at the bumps and said it looks like the HPV virus. In which I know nothing about. He then continued to freeze them off which was horrible. Now the kicker is, I reasently Got married almost a year ago, not long after the problem started, So the next day my husband went to see the Dr even though there where no bumps that we could find. but the Dr found about 7 and also froze them as well.
But during the past year or so we have been very sexaul wether its intercourse or oral. I was wondering if you can get it through oral sex as well. and considering we are both being treated and still have symptoms the Dr said not to have any sex until the warts are completely removed. But that could take months so is it still safe to masterbate or to use sex toys? and is it still possible to go through a healthy pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby without passing on the STD?
Thank you for taking the time to read this look forward to your imput.
Sharlet

I have HPV and I'm going to tell you what my doctor told me. You can transfer it through oral but since you've already got it that;'s a moot point. You can't get it in your mouth cause the warts in your genitals and the kind in your mouth are two different kinds. So oral sex should be fine. Since you both have it you can't spread it anymore so sex should be fine. The Dr likely said this to keep you from possibly getting more warts that would need to be removed. I'd say definitely stick with toys and masturbation if you;re worried about another breakout.

Pregnancy is iffy. You can have a healthy pregnancy but there is a risk of your child getting the virus in the lungs and possibly killing the child. it is very possible to pass on the std if you have a breakout.

Something else I was told is that the virus can go away on it's own if you live healthily. It takes about 2 years but breakouts may cease and the virus will go dormant.

SO what are the chances of transfering this Genital Warts on to your baby if you are pregnant?
Is there any medication you can go on to prevent a breakout and to prevant it from transfering to your baby?

Please Sharlet, ask a Gyn about having this stuff even though you and your Husband are being treated but about being or trying to get pregnant and the baby's chances. Good Luck....!!!!