My twin girls will not zip up their jackets even when they are freezing or soaking wet, how can I get them to zip their jackets up?

I don't like their jackets wife open and flapping about but after school, they are always coming out with the jackets wide open despite teacher asking them to fasten them up so I say to them "fasten your jackets girls" but they ignore me so I fasten the jackets for them which isn't easy because girls fidget and wriggle about but I do get the jackets fastened then say to girls "I asked you to fasten your jackets so that's what I expected you to do".At School, the kids aren't allowed outside until jackets are on and fully zipped up and, if necessary, hoods are up, that applies for after school too by the way. Reason that rule is in place is because teachers don't want kids or the kids' parents conplaining about being soaked or cold.

It's probably not worth the stress. I wouldn't wear my rubbers or boots when it rained and that drove my mother nuts. Now I'm 75 years old and I just finished my crossing guard duty this morning in the pouring rain. I was wearing shoes and shorts with my reflective traffic jacket. I'm sitting here in wet shoes and shorts but they'll be dry by the time I have to go back out in the rain this afternoon.

Points make prizes: a1 point each day for doing as asked. After 7 points: a treat!

But as the other commentator said, probably not worth getting to annoyed. Kids have painted on ears.....