Hi, I am a 13 year old female and I am having a constant problem with sweating from my armpits. It doesn't even matter if it is hot out or I just ran for a while or something, I always sweat. Even if I am in a nice, cool room I still sweat. The weird thing is, it only happens when I am around people. I know people sweat when they're nervous, but even if I'm not nervous I still sweat. Sometimes if I ignore it and don't think about it, it doesn't happen, but as soon as I start to sweat a little bit and it is visible on my shirt, I can't ignore it and constantly think about it and wonder if anyone can see it, which makes me sweat even more. And then I always end up having to keep my arms down so nobody will see it. But then as soon as I'm alone for a while it starts to go away and I'm fine. Sometimes when I wear a black shirt I don't sweat as much, maybe because I know that nobody can see it even if I do sweat because the shirt is dark so I don't worry about it. But it's ruining my life! I am always having to keep my arms down or wear black shirts so nobody can see it! It also makes me smell really bad and not want to get to close to people. What really bugs me is that none of the other girls in my class sweat like I do, not even after they have been running. This has been bugging me since it started happening when I was 12 and I'm just really confused and embarrased. What can I do to stop sweating all the time? Is it a physical problem, or a mental one maybe? Or possibly both? Please help!

This is totally normal, and happens to me as well (among many other people)...

For you it might go away. You're going through puberty right now so your body is doing lots of crazy stuff. For me it was worst when I was in middle school and my first two years of highschool... If it's not something you can live with or not something that goes away you can go see a doctor and get something for sweating (or at least better advice)...

As far as smell goes, get some deodorant from the store :-) Get one with antiperspirant too, it should help ease the sweating a bit.

Go to doctor and get prescription for DRYSOL. You're probs will be solved forever.

Wow. I seriously thought I wrote everything you just said. I'm 14. and have the same exact problem. Yes.. Only when im with people.. or friends or at school i sweat lots. but when im at home with family or sometimes with friends not at school.. i dont at all. It's weird. I've tried loads of different kind of deodrent/antipersperaint and it doesnt seem to help. I went to my doctor too and she said nothign about it. but i think im going to talk to her about it again. Good luck with getting it solved

i know exactly how you feel...
i am 15, and i suppose its been happening about 2 years or so now, it really knocks your confidence and i just wish that it wasn't me. Also I have my prom coming up in a few months and im so worried about wearing a pretty prom dress and having big sweat marks!! owww :-( I don't even want to tell my mum or anyone because i find it that embarrassing!
someone please tell me something i can buy form any normal chemist or do i need to go to the doctors? pleeeease someone!!

Same here! I am a 13 year old female with the exact same problem! It started when I was 12, too!

Wow I thought I was the only one! xD

It sucks becuase I'm scared to have a boyfriend becuase I can't raise my arms up to hug them or anything!

I over apply on deodorant so I don't smell bad but the sweat keeps coming.

Right now I am not sweating but if I was with other people it would be coming like a big bloody cut!

I am desperately looking for answers and help...but nothing. D: Good lucking in solving it!

This is completely normal, and it happens to everybody. It is basically a psychological thing, if you think about it, it's just gonna increase.. so don't! use deodorant and carry it in your purse whenever your out, and try to use baby powder for your armpits, it helps! perfume is also a must :-) you're hitting puberty and your hormones are messed up, which causes intensive hair growth and sweating and a lot of other things, it's all part of being a teenager! hope this helped.

hey im 13 and have the same problem !

i thought i was alone. I dont know what to do about it ? 8-|
and i dont know how to tell my mum because it is so embarrising :'(

I heard that baby powder helped . So i tried that but it only works for about 30 mins then i just start sweating again and again.

None of my friends sweat and i feel like im always trying to keep my arms down or wearing black tops and it so annoying :'(

I need help ! I dont want to go to my doctor because im so embarrised . Is there anything you can pick up in your local supermarket ?

HELPPP !!

Celebrity
Go to the chemist an get persprieX
My daughter uses it. It tell you how to use it on the packet.
It really dose work.
You use it every day to start with an then as you go on you use it less an less.
In the end you may only need it once a week.

I really have the same exact problem... It bugs me too and i feel it is ruining my life to! I am always trying ot wear black shirt hoping it wont show as much or im worried that pther people will see my sweat mark and wonder why this girl is sweating and its cold. See i dont have the problem where it stinks but the mark jus bugs me sooo much! I wont even be hot but yet im sweating like i just work out for 3 hourse in the gym! I am going to start trying degree clinical proven... it supposedy should help stop the sweating or watever so yea... but i am 15 going on 16 and dont feel so bad just try to live life and have fun =]]

Wow..i have the exact same problem...Im 12 right now turning 13 and it started when i was turning 12..Its so embarrassing..Im always wearing jackets...but no mainly i just wear tank tops everyday...I dont no what to say when everyone asks me why i only where tank tops i hate it..Its seriously ruining my life!Ive even tried the secret deodorant that is clinically proven to stop sweat but still it doesnt work!!I hate it i get so embarrassed and i just want to be normal and sweat free...But the weird thing is that i sweat whenever..hot or cold..around people or not...and when im talking on the phone and have my arms down i especially sweat..its so weird...and i hate it...i want it to stop...i hope if i talk to my doctor that she can give me some pills to take that will stop it because i dont no how much longer i can take wearing tank tops...after all winter is soon.. ! :-(

wow ! i have this exact problem , like no joke i wear jackets every day to school ! and i overly apply deroadnt to and people look at me weird when i do . it started when i was 12 .
uqhhhhhhhhh ! when will this nightmare stopp

Hi all, I'm 30 and this has been happening to me since I was 18....Sure I heard all the usual going-through-puberty stuff until I was too old for someone to use that card.

It could be 0C outside (freezing temp) and my armpits would be wetter that a beaver. I have serious problems in my professional and social life. If I wear a shirt to work I get wet patches within 10 minutes and keep going to the toilet to wipe my pits. Sometimes it gets so bad I actually put tissue under there and leave it changing it after 30 minutes. It makes me feel like a girl going through her period only it's every single day!!!

Most useful advices indicated some problem with thyroid so some of you might wanna check it up with their MP. Being embarrassed to tell your doctor you sweat a lot is like being embarrassed to undress for sex.

I know exactly how you feel. I think I tried every product on the shelf and on the internet. Just found one that is actually working; like they say it should. Look these people up. The product is Mon Ray Antiperspirant.

Hi All,
I had the same problem at your age I remember it was really-really horrible, I remember what helped me a lot and what helps me to this day was the type of shirts/tops I wore:

Fabrics: a polyester blend was really good, wool was good.
...the absolute worst was a 100% cotton shirt- big sweat stains around both pitts, ugh!

Colors: Black, brown, navy, dark grey are good colors in the fabrics listed above.
If you wear a bright colored cotton shirt ALWAYS wear a black or navy cardigan/blazer/jacket over it.
You may wantt to try one of the prescription deodorants that others posted.