My 5yr old son was found at crech with a girl at a corner somewhere with his pants down (literally) and apparently he had a full erection. Please advise do 5yr old get erection?

As you know, that is not normal behavior for a five year old, or any age for that matter. A tough question, but something to greatly consider, has your child been sexually molested? Here are some signs to look for in him - Changes in behavior, extreme mood swings, withdrawal, fearfulness, and excessive crying, School or behavioral problems, Acting out inappropriate sexual activity or showing an unusual interest in sexual matters, Bed-wetting, nightmares, fear of going to bed, or other sleep disturbances, Changes in toilet-training habits, A fear of certain places, people, or activities. There are physical signs as well in the genital area as well as bruises, rashes, cuts, etc. Bottom line, I think it is less important about the erection and more important as to why this is happening. Not normal and needs to be investigated immediately! Something could be happening to him and it is a cry for help.

Tho not typical behavior, it does happen. I have 5 children and can remember occasions when they were little that they were trying to look at or touch something that belonged to someone else. I cought my 6 year old son under our porch with the little neighbor girl. Little ones are very curious and want to see what some one else has. My 5 year old grandson was trying to feel a little girls bottom in the swimming pool. Another grandson is just 18 months and my daughter hap hazardly took her top off to quickly change into another one while CJ was in the room, she called me and told me he looked at her boobs to the point where she felt embarrased. These children are not victims of any kind of molestation and they are happy and healthy children. My son was the one cought under the porch, today his name is on his office door. The kid is 5, and i don't see it as a cry for help. I would take mental notes tho and if it becomes a problem i would mention it to his pedi.

The erection is normal at any age boy,s get erection all time and have no control over it. but his pants down is a but weird but if girl ask so see hes penis or did he jest pull them off for no reason. and ware the girl pants down. it hard to say in young kid,s have good day and good luck

Boys can get an erection at any age, so your son probably had one. I think that this is fairly normal behavior in terms of sexual discovery--if I remember my psychology courses correctly, age 5 is when you start to discover that you've even got a penis. I have a cousin who used to talk about his penis pretty much nonstop as a child and even stripped naked several times in front of everyone. I think that it might be a good idea to explain to him gently that it is not acceptable to get naked in public but to try at the same time not to make him feel ashamed. Or better yet, talk to a child psychologist about talking to him. I think that would be the most helpful of all. Do you know any child psychologists?