I'm 18  and i have over the top strict parents. Just great. My social life is dead i cant go anywhere , i cant wear makeup but my mums okay with it shes not that strict but its just my dad .gosssh. Im sick of this i dont even know how to catch bus cause of him. Im not allowed to have a boyfriend or sleepover anyones house. I believe if your parents had freedom when they were young then their kids wont because apparently they think we might go through the same phase like drinking, smoking and all that they went through. Im just tired of them and they should know they are just screwing their kids to when they enter the real world. Theres no freedom at all even my brothers dont have any freedom and i feel sorry for them. My dad always talks about family time and we never go out I mean they'll be lots of family time just let us be. All my parents wants us to do is study hard af and fulfill their expectations of becoming a doctor. I wish theyd just leave us to learn on our own i mean that is just pushing it !!! Sometimes i feel like running away , but i cant because ill miss my siblings and im the oldest. I wish theyd just understand what being a teenager feels like because theve been through it too .!

You're mad because your parents make you study and don't want you going out and getting into trouble? Gosh how awful. Look just let me tell it to you like this. I'm a 25 year old girl, I get where you're coming from. Kids need space to grow and stretch their wings a little to figure out who they are, what they want to do in life, and find some decent friends. I promise you, when you go off to college none of that matters. You literally change SO much between now at 18 to 25. I get where your parents are coming from. Do you know how many girls never make it to college or go to college late due to teenage pregnancy. Honestly I wouldn't let you have a sleepover either. Because when I was 17 and I would visit my friend "Melissa" I was really out having sex with my boyfriend. Your parents are not stupid, they know what goes on with kids today because they were doing the same thing. They're protecting you from ruining your future. Is that really SO bad? Oh, and when you say "your dad wants family time but there's plenty of time for that later" spend as much time with your family as you can. Like j said, I'm 25 and I've lost both of my parents. I wish I would have spent more family time with them. And at your age you're about to leave the nest and most of the time school, work, friends consume your life which leaves the only time you'll see your family is during the holidays. Relax, you're young. Don't worry so much about what you're missing on right now because literally your entire life changes from here on out. You most likely won't even have the same friends and that's not a bad thing! Your world is about to open up to newer and brighter possibilities. Keep studying and staying out of trouble, you're doing just fine.

Thankyou so much, i needed that. i get all your saying i think i shouldve thought of my parents perspective. Thankyou alot i get it now. Yea i guess so, but i feel so much better now i didnt realise whats important for me this whole time. THANKYOU. IM FOREVER GRATEFUL. :)

yea im that way too

Hello, in the Arab culture, this would be called "gheerah" meaning "jealousy." To have gheerah or jealousy over the women in your household and applies to a dad, brother, husband, uncle, grandfather, etc. They would not like for the women of their family to go out and have the eyes of men look at them. And if I were you I would be happy about that, because soon enough you will be older and you will wear whatever you want but to have someone who sees you as a jewel and wants you to be modest, is something irreplaceable. Your dad scared over you! You should respect him and dress as he wants you to, there are far too many people who do want they want and forget the rights their parents have over them, as they have raised you and taken care of you and made you who you are. Hope you understand where I am coming from.

Soooooo true, make up and shorts and boyfriends and all of that is not important, be smart! Your parents want you to be educated and respected!