I am a 27 year old female who has battled gastrointestinal issues for as long as I can remember. My pediatrician put me on birth control at 15 when thinking my abdominal pain was solely attributed to ovarian cysts. I was on birth control for 12 years- the pill, tried the ring, tried the patch and even tried the Mirena IUD. The IUD was the worst. I have never had children and after the IUD was implanted I would experience pain at random times, and during or after sexual intercourse. I have had the IUD out for 5 to 6 months. My periods are starting to actually regulate for the first time in years. Back to the GI issues- knowing that I am not passing ovarian cysts and knowing the difference in pain from menstrual pain and other forms of abdominal pain, the pain I experience now is something gastrointestinal. I have been labeled with IBS- which tends to result in diarrhea but occasionally causes constipation or difficulty fully passing a bowel movement. I have been given prescription medicine, homeopathic remedies, over the counter drugs and different therapies that have not helped. On top of the IBS issues I experience nausea and vomiting. I have been given Zofran which can take the edge off, but it still doesn't fix the problem. I tend to have issues where I am simultaneously having diarrhea and vomiting at the same time. I feel weak, tired, anxious and depressed. My anxiety is a vicious cycle, as I know this only worsens my symptoms. Social anxiety takes over whenever I have any obligation, be it work or fun, and I feel like I always need to have an escape route to the nearest bathroom or home. I have had times where I throw up once and I'm fine, or times when I feel fine and inexplicably begin vomiting. The same with my bowel movements- there are times when my stomach feels fine and suddenly I have to use the bathroom. There have been times when I haven't made it to the bathroom and have to sneak into a bathroom and clean up. I have had CT scans, ultrasounds, an upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood tests, food allergy tests, MRI, and even an EKG looking to see if my heartburn was something cardiovascular. I have seen doctors, GI specialists, nutritionists, naturopaths, health coach, acupuncturists, biofeedback, therapists and even had chiropractic done to try to get any help I can. I am currently testing for parasites, though the doctor highly doubts this and so do I, I have been living with this my whole life. I am starting to wonder if I will have a normal life. I feel like something is wrong with me. My energy is so low, I feel anxious and depressed, this has taken over my work, my ability to finish school, it has gotten in the way of seeing family and friends and scares my partner. I feel like it's getting in the way of my relationship. I have done different diets- low estrogen diet, cycle diet, low FODMAP diet and elimination diets to try to find triggers. It seems like everything and nothing hurt me. I avoid beans, legumes, sugars, dairy, wheat, caffeine, alcohol, spicy foods, processed foods and whatever else I have been advised to avoid. It doesn't help. I don't know if I can keep doing this. It is taking over my life and I'm losing control. I feel alone, lost and don't know where else to turn.

Have you ever had your thyroid tested?  It can contribute to bowel problems and anxiety.  Did your chiropractor specialize in applied kinesiology?  Have you ever seen a naturopath?  My naturopath did an EDS (electrodermal screening) on me and it told me everything that was ever wrong with me.  All my food sensitivities.  It's so nice to know your own specific food sensitivities so you can avoid the food that you know your body has a hard time with instead of just eating what people think is healthy/not healthy for you in general.  For example, eating gluten free is a thing right now, but gluten did not come up on my food sensitivity list.  Also, coconut oil is really popular right now, but it did come up on my food sensitivity list, so even though it has all these health benefits, I know to avoid it because my body can't process it.  Have you ruled out leaky gut?  Have you tried a really good probiotic and/or eating fermented foods to get your healthy bacteria level up in your gut?  Have you tried a juice fast?  If not, I highly recommend watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" it's super interesting, I think they have it free to watch on Hulu.  Have you tried essential oils?  I use Young Living and it has totally changed my health around.  The peppermint and lemon oil in particular really helped me to overcome my IBS.  I drink it in my water.  They also have this serum called Progessence Plus that is a miracle worker for menstrual problems.  I used Endoflex and that really helped me to control my stress and anxiety level. I could just smell the bottle and I could feel it calming me.  I totally know how you feel about it taking over your life, I was in the same boat, turning down a lot of social things because I knew it was going to trigger my IBS, the stuff above has totally turned my digestion around.  You're definitely not alone.