Hi, my boyfriend was complaining for a long time on symptoms like abdominal pain and discomfort. He didn’t have an idea what was the problem, until he went to examination. A doctor diagnosed him with IBS. I am worried about him, and I would like to know something more about this condition. Thanks!

Hello, I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This disorder occurs in area of colon, rectum and anus. The most common reason for IBS is colon sensitivity on food and stress. It can be also caused by a bacterial infection in the gastrointestinal tract and by celiac disease. Whatever type of IBS your boyfriend has, I think he would use some general tips. He shouldn’t have large and fatty meals, he should avoid alcohol and colas, and of course stress is forbidden. The colon has many nerves that connect it to the brain, and it responds on the stress. Treatment depends on type of IBS. If your boyfriend has constipation, he will probably have to use some laxatives, and if he has diarrhea, the doctor will prescribe some other drugs.

:-) Hi Hollie,
My hubby suffered (past tense) from IBS for the first 25 yrs of our marriage. Never knew when it would hit him or why, not a nice thing to deal with. IBS can be happening for many reasons, most are undiagnosed. I know people that have IBS who are young, old, male, female - dosen't seem to be particular to any one thing.
I also know it can be extremely debilitating.
One young man of 18 could not even leave his house because he never knew when it would hit, lost wt and because he couldn't leave his house could not even get a job or go to school. This is severe, hope not your boy friend.
ANyway I do have info and my husband has no further episodes. We have balanced his digestive system and also his immune system and he is good to go!!!!! This would take too long to discuss on this forum so if you wish more info I can give you please contact me. I am about info - and healing and getting on with life!!!!!! If you wish to contact me please do so at Hope to hear from you, in the meantime do take care of you & your boy friend. ;-) Peggy

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **