Hi, I am 54 years old. I was diagnosed with IBS a long time ago, but I was ignoring it, thinking it will disappear on its own. IBS symptoms were mild, so they didn’t worry me. Now they are becoming worse, especially bloating. Does anyone know how should I treat this condition?

Hi, I am struggling with IBS too. Bloating is just one of the symptoms, and it makes me feel a constant fullness in the abdomen. I also have gas and constipation. Yesterday, when I was coming back from work, I had the most embarrassing situation in the bus. I had so much gas, and it was so hard to hold it, I thought I would pass out. People were asking me what was wrong, and I couldn’t say in front of everybody that I have bloating and gas that will explode if I don’t reach a toilet soon. I heard from a friend about some soluble fiber, which helps with constipation and bloating. I can’t wait to try it, and you should too.

I have had IBS since I was in Junior High. I have many horrific stories to go along with my disorder. I originally was told that I was allergic to dairy products, but after removing dairy from my diet I was still getting sick. Recently I heard about taking soluble fiber tablets and trying to eat foods that are high in Soluble Fiber (rice, pasta, bananas, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, soy, oatmeal, ect.) especially if I have an empty stomach! Also I was told to avoid foods that are high in fat, caffeine, carbonated beverages, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol :-( , red meat, dark poultry, egg yolk, all fried food, and dairy! Good luck! I have noticed a difference by just eating a half banana before eating my meal or eating the potatoes first. I also stopped eating salads before dinner. Apparently this is a big no no and I learned quickly that this was probably the thing that was making me sick the most. Hope this helps ya.

I have been managing ibs for the last 2years.

I have tried desperately to avoid foods that are high in fat, caffeine, carbonated beverages, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol , red meat, dark poultry, egg yolk, all fried food. It is a hard diet to stick to but really works - i can't tell you how much it has helped.

The problem i have now is if i stick to my diet for say 3 months and dont have any symptoms or problems i think that im ok to eat and drink what i want and have a terrible attack where i am violently sick for a few days.

Does anyone else have this problem or are you all sensible and stick to it all the time?

:-D

Hi

I too have had IBS for a number of years now and, at 31 was sick of looking as though I was 9 mobnths pregnant with so mcuh bvloating. I have recently been to see a nutritionist who uses kineseology and have followed the diet she gave me (cutting out wheat, yeast, gluten, rye, sugar, caffine, cows milk, cows cheese etc) - which has been really difficult but has completely cured my IBS. I now have the flat stomach I never thought I would see again!