I am a circumsized male. When I am having sexual intercourse with a woman everything feels great until I reach orgasm. At the point I reach orgasm the glans of my penis become so sensitive that I have to stop thrusting. This in turn reduces the sensation on the rest of my penis and reduces the sensation of the orgasm. The rest of my penis is saying "thrust!" while the glans is saying "don't you dare move a muscle!"

This happens even with lots of lubrication (Slippery Stuff is lube of choice, though I've tried plenty of others). This over sensitivity doesn't happen all the time, but it happens most of the time. I have better orgasms with women who have looser vaginas because there is less friction on my glans during orgasm.

Is this something anyone else has experienced and, if so, any suggested remedies?

This has been my experience (not every single time, but almost) for over 25 years of marriage. And the only thing that has truly helped is an understanding wife who accepts it that everything comes to a momentary halt during ejaculation. I often stop breathing, let alone thrusting! Fortunately, I can say the orgasm is still satisfying, although is generally more brief, and the extreme sensitivity soon subsides.
We've tried various lubricants, with only little improvement. I've also tried "desensitization" techniques, i.e. manual rubbing of the glans with my hand and even with work gloves (for a rougher, more desensitizing feel), but have found only minor help. Sorry, brother. All I can say is that I really understand your pain!

I also am circumsized and have a very sensitive head. Right when I am about to cum I cannot have any contact with the head.

A couple of things I have noticed.

When having intercourse you have to find the right position. This will be different for each woman. I have found that with certain women I can do it doggy style and keep pumping while I cum. It seems that in this position, the shaft is squeezed and stimulated but there is no head contact. With other women, doing it doggy style would cause too much head stimulation and I would lose my hard-on right after cumming.

When masturbating, I sometimes will wrap my head with a couple layers of cellophane. Just use some spit to make it adhere to the head. When I do this I can easily rub the head while and after I cum.

Hi, One day I decided to go to a tanning bed and went naked. When I got home I was at first worried that I might have sunburned my private areas, but there was no pain. Later that night I found that during sex, my normally painful sensitivity in the glans during orgasm was gone.

I have had the same problem for more than 5years. Of course, been to a few clinicks with absolutely no result. In my case i can go on moving at orgasm if i wear a condom. Also, very little pain during anal sex even without a condom.
But, as to vaginal intercourse it is really a disaster...any help from anyone out there?

I'm circumcised too n over sensitive when cumming. Watch some porn (real tickling, tied up femdom ha****b,etc). We do it sometimes, make an agreement n make sure he's tied tight n just keep on goin, even after he has cum...... Its hell n he may cry or scream, or like me go silent, but U survive n get thru it after about a minute..... N its usually funny for the female.... Go for it... :-)

hi jacket55, maybe you found out any cure for oversensitive glans? I have exactly same feelings just before cumming...please help!

Pleas reply if you or anyone else reading this has found how to fix this problem

I have the same issue and have for 24 years. I went to a "sex doctor" who tried medication, hypnosis and something called the Crystal technique. None helped. The doc explained that the sensitivity is caused by over-contracting of the smooth muscle around the prostate during ejaculation. He gave me two types of blood pressure medication which he said sometimes work by reducing the smooth muscle contraction. It didn't work for me but it might for you!

I have had the same problem. What worked for me, is to be tied down, have my woman give me a ha****b with a lot of relentless glans stimulation, and right when I begin to cum, I had her use only her palm--in a circular motion--on the glans. The first few times, you may pass out, but after awhile, you begin to get used to it; you will begin to be able to keep thrusting during an intercourse orgasm. I just cannot describe the sensation of having ONLY glans stimulation during orgasm; you feel like you may die the first time, but each subsequent time becomes easier, until it actually becomes insanely pleasurable.

Before I had this done, I couldn't have even breathed on the glans during orgasm. Now, I couldn't imagine NOT having the glans stimulated while I cum. If you can find a woman who will do it, another technique that will prepare you for this, is to cum in her mouth, and when you start to cum, have her only leave the tip in her mouth and swirl her tongue around it. The Japanese have a technique they use called "kitozyme". Translated, this means "blame the glans". For hours, they stimulate ONLY the glans, and when the man cums, the woman cups her palm over the glans, swirling it while he cums. Many men have passed out from this technique.

I'm sorry that I have no answers for any of us, I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've described this problem to my friends and none of them quite get it.

I've been so disappointed in myself because I thought I was broken or something. I'm wondering if it has to do with circumcision because it seems like everyone here with this problem is (including myself)

I am uncircumcised and have the same issue. When I orgasm, I am crippled by the intense pleasure/pain/sensitivity. It isn't a bad pain, but I can't move at all, its just too intense. If you have a willing partner who will take over the thrusting, and you have the willpower to let it happen, in a minute or so it gets less intense and you can carry on for a while longer. But as for me, the extreme sensation is there and I'm just sh*t outta luck for 60-90 seconds.

from what google has told me. It is because of a "refractory period" where your body stops you from receiving 'pleasure stimulation' immediately after ejaculation, this is so that you don't blow your entire sperm supply all at once, thus allowing for round two, or round three if you're a real soldier. This refractory period is also the reason you have to work more to stay hard after ejaculating.

Yup. This happens to me when I masturbate with lube and my hand. The pain seems to increase equally in proportion to the pleasure as I reach climax. During climax, it's pretty much hands off the glans, significantly decreasing pleasure.
I have tried loosening my grip, making for a different feeling during orgasm, but not fixing the problem. It is still way too sensitive to touch.
I masturbate daily. I have noticed that when I don't masturbate for a few days, my penis becomes much more sensitive to non-glans stimulation. I can have a decently satisfying orgasm just by rubbing the shaft and by tease-brushing up against the very base of the glans.
I am starting to get concerned that being circumcised is the culprit of this issue. Prior to this year, I had only masturbated "dry," pulling the skin of my penis up over the glans. Beating off dry in this manner has never caused pain, and I can pump away while ejaculating and give myself much more intense pleasure.
However, masturbating wet does feel great and is appropriate for a different mood. Except for the sensitivity that all but ruins it, of course.
I wonder if foreskin restoration would help? It's a really lengthy process to do it naturally. There's also the ManHood, which can cause de-keratinization of the penis head and restore the glans to a smoother, more sensitive state. However, you have to wear it 24/7 and trying to exercise with a velcro penis covering doesn't sound too great. You can't take it off to exercise because by then your penis will be too sensitive and rub against your clothing causing pain..
sorry for the digression^

That answers my question. I always wondered if circumcised guys had the same problem. I am not and the tip of my glans gets so sensitive at the time of orgasm that I have to avoid touching it while I finish. I can't even force myself to allow my fingers to caress it. I prefer to hold my foreskin back tight and dry rub when I masturbate but it's the same if use lube or roll my foreskin up and down. I once had a girlfriend who knew about this phenomenon and she would sit on me so I couldn't reach around to stop her while she massaged the whole glans paying special attention to the tip when I orgasmed because she loved to hear me moan and watch/feel me convulse in super pleasure as she did that to me. I loved that too but could only take so much and not every time.

Since she knew about it before we met I figured it was something most guys experienced.

Yes when I cum inside I have to stop or do very slow strokes.It's very sensitive unless I use my hand and not touch the head when I cum on her.