Hello. I have been browsing few forums, articles, etc. about penis sensitivity and the effects of masturbation over it, but I wonder if someone has more insight into this.
My situation is that I'm uncircumsized (although got a bit of skin removed due to phimosis so a little part of my head is visible at all times), late 20s and not very experienced sexually. I have been masturbating for many years and I wonder if it has caused some bad wiring of my brain and lose of sensitivity. I never used lube when masturbating and I could go for 30-60 minutes with heavy strokes.

I don't feel any pleasure in the glans or the tip, from either oral, vaginal or anal sex. However, I do feel pleasure in the corona, so in order to achieve ejaculation during intercourse I have to do some "trick" so the corona gets some friction and therefore, I get some pleasure. With condom is same, if the corona gets some friction I feel pleasure. Otherwise, nothing. When I'm inside the woman, I can feel it's warm, but I just don't notice when I'm going inside or anything. I just don't feel it.

I bought a Flesh Light and I'm using it exclusively to mastubate now (for the last three weeks), but I don't see any improvement. I've abstained for 4-6 days and while the corona gets more sensitive, my orgasms are better and so on, the glans is still non responding. The exception is after ejaculating, then the glans, for few minutes, is very sensitive.

I was wondering if there's anything else I can do except space my masturbation sessions (I'm single now) and use the Flesh Light to focus on the pleasure and not so much to reach the goal (orgasm).

Thanks for your time.

I would say go see a doctor

I'll answer to my own question, since I managed to fix it, so maybe someone will google the same issue, stumble into this question and find an answer. I basically did two things :

-Dropped all hand masturbation (If I have to masturbate, I use a Fleshlight, although hand-masturbation with lube and a light grip would work fine too).
-Stopped watching any kind of erotic visual stimulation (porn!), which lead to more physical stimulation for my body, since there's less need for explicit visual estimulation.

hey. i found this post and read through cos i'm experiencing same no sensation around the genitals and barely anything when i ejaculation. what do you mean by glans? testicles? or something else? cos normally it's pretty intense feeling around lower abs and deep around prostate and genitals but haven't felt much at all over the last year or so. arousal seems kind of pointless now. did you end up seeing a doc? i'm thinking it's because of too much sex/masturbation? but even when i kept off it all it didn't really change for the better so much..

I don't know if I can tell you what to do but I can tell you my own experience that's similar in some ways.

About 40 years ago I was tired of the supersensitivity of my glans due to not being circ'ed so I desensitized it by handling it while it was exposed to make it more like the kids I used to know who were circ'ed. At that time I began holding my foreskin all the way back and dry rubbing the whole thing when I masturbated. Over time (40 years) the glans has become increasingly less sensitive and now I can rub/squeeze/roll it between my fingers with no pain but it still feels really good. The corona was still sensitive for longer presumably because it didn't get as much rubbing in that groove when I was masturbating. The nice thing now is that I can play with the tip during/after orgasm when it is at it's most sensitive to enjoy that feeling as much or little as I want.

I feel I have the best of both worlds, being able to dry rub the whole penis for masturbation then covering it with the foreskin when I put it away. It doesn't lose all it's sensitivity like a circumcised penis would where the glans is always exposed and rubbing against clothing and dry rubbing the bare head and shaft is exquisite.

I also find playing with the opening of the urethra is fun and pleasurable. By rubbing across it sideways it pulls the inner skin out a bit and that feels nice. I can do it with a finger tip or by holding the palm of one hand on top while moving my penis sideways across it with the other hand. Doing that same sideways motion while lying on my back and rubbing it against the top bed sheet works well too. Making circles against the sheet is good too.

In 60 years of masturbating, it never ceases to be enjoyable but it's not as intense as it used to be when I was 10 or 16. Giving it a rest for a few days always improves the sensations.

I did it about 3-4 times a day between the ages of 10 and 18, then tapered off a bit but at 71 I still do it a couple times a week. I've been married for 45 years but my wife never felt any calling to make my sexual pleasure part of her work. I was supposed to do her and that would be the source of my pleasure, so I have been an avid masturbator all my life.

I have found that porn makes me want to masturbate but it also decreases the pleasure for me. If I don't look at porn for a while, masturbation is much more pleasurable.

Men who use the same technique every time they masturbate may find that over time, the pleasurable sensations are no longer as pronounced, and in some cases, they may disappear altogether. In essence, the brain becomes “bored” when the same nerve pathways are always stimulated, so that the penis becomes desensitized. Trying different techniques, using gentle touch and visual imagery, and adding “toys” like feathers to the proceedings can help to develop new sensations. In addition, using a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) with nutrients for skin and nerve health may promote improved penis sensation.

Man 1 man oil does it really works

It works grrrreeeaaaat for me!  I'm a guy who plays with himself a lot – one of my favorite pasttimes – and like a lot of otherws in the same boat, I'd lost some sensitivity in my favorite tool, so I started using this and it makes a big difference for me.  There's something in it, an ingredient that's got one of those big medical names, that heals peripheral nerve damage, which is what causes a lot of penis deadening. Go for it.

The glans penis is virtually sexually insensitive. It's a great misconception that it is. It's actually primarily protopathic, i.e. sense pressure, pain and temperature. The main sex organ is the foreskin, specifically the frenulum, frenular delta and ridged band. This is why circumcision is so barbaric, because it cuts off the most sensitive parts of the penis. As someone who has experienced being intact and was duped into circumcision at 14 yrs old, I know this for a fact.

Don't worry about the glans; it's not meant to be pleasure-giving, other than a few light touch receptors on the corona.

The glans is the head (tip) of the penis. Sensation loss can occur as a result of aggressive masturbation; using a skin-rejuvenating penis health creme can help reverse the problem.

The glans has virtually no sexual sensation. 95% of its surface is protopathic. The foreskin is where, for all intents and purposes, all sexual sensation comes from.

I too suffer with no sensitivity on my glans and the only pleasure I get from sex is visual. I do not suffer with erectile disfunction, yet at times, can lose my erection during both oral sex and intercourse. I have never ejaculated when a partner has masturbated me or has given me oral sex. I rarely ejaculate during intercourse.....I usually have to finish myself off.I have seen various urologists over the years and have tried many different medicines.... viagra cialis, caverject, Yohimbine and sudafed. I have just recently had my nerves tested and apparently they are OK, albeit being at the low end of normal. I am back at the hospital on Wednesday and I am trying another tablet, its called Muze. This tablet is inserted into the uretha. I guess I'll see what happens. I have abstained from masturbation for a week, but this has not done anything for my sensitivity. 

When wet (through oral sex), then being masturbated by my partner, I can be over sensitive on the glans opposite side of the frenulum at times, to the point that I cannot tolerate it and masturbation has to cease, it is very intense. However, there is no sensitivity on the glans when just being given oral sex, nor is there sensitivity on the glans when having intercourse.

My masturbatory techniques are done dry, yet again; I have no sensation on my glans. Masturbation technique has to be very quick and is only ever achieved when doing it myself. I have never ejaculated through oral sex or somebody else masturbating me. I rarely ejaculate when lying down and feel my easiest way of achieving the end result is by standing up.

In the last week, I have been masturbating lying down. I have pulled back the foreskin and held it back and have only masturbated the glans. However, I have been using lots of baby lotion to keep my glans very wet and ejaculation has been achieved in around 5 minutes by using my very quick technique.  Yet again, there is minimal, if any sensation, none what so ever around the frenulum. I have spoken to my urologist about this and asked what the potential cause of this may be; could it be through trauma or psychosomatic?  His reply was "You were probably born with no sensitivity". I cannot recall ever having sensitivity on my glans.

The primary sexual organ is the foreskin. Histological analysis of the penile erogenous zone has shown that the glans has barely any pleasure-giving properties while the ridged band in the foreskin is the locus of these sensations.

Do not worry about your glans, because what you're experiencing is normal.

Not trying to start an argument here as I suppose we are all different. In my early years of masturbation it was my glans that was the best. After desensitizing it enough so I could rub directly on it, my glans was the best place for fun. I could spend time rubbing and massaging and squeezing it, rolling it between my fingers and rubbing it with various types of cloth for the best sensations possible. Of course it was self limiting as sooner or later I would have an orgasm and it would be all over for a while. I did find at the time of orgasm, playing with the tip of it was really exotic and made for some very intense pleasure. I discovered that at 19 with my GF at the time who loved to do me by hand. The intense feeling at the tip after orgasm was such that I used to stop at that time when doing it myself. She discovered that and she delighted in holding me down and forcing me to endure it. She loved watching me writhe and squirm while she milked the last drop from the tip.

It wasn't until later that I discovered the inner foreskin also liked to be stretched tight and rubbed. During the process of getting the glans so I could play with it directly instead of rolling the foreskin over it I found I preferred dry rubbing. Later I found caressing the inner foreskin while holding it back tight so that it was getting stretched while stroking in both directions was delightful. Sometimes I would masturbate to a climax by rubbing only the inner foreskin but that was never as pleasurable as caressing the glans in as many ways as I could think of. I didn't always have to do it to reach an orgasm either. Just baring and drying the glans so I could hold it and play with it before going to sleep felt good without getting off.

So I disagree with you about the glans not having much to do with sex. It always felt great to insert my bare glans into my wife but I didn't get to do it often as she didn't like the feeling of my bare head rubbing her vaginal walls. She much preferred the natural action of it sliding in and out of the foreskin inside her.

I have no idea why there are some men out there who say what you say, because histological analysis refutes what your'e saying. I had a foreskin until I was 14, when it was cut off without my consent. I was never able to retract it, but all the great pleasure I got was from manipulating the tip, which will be due to the stretching and rubbing of the ridged band. Immediately after circumcision I could get no sexual pleasure whatsoever. All the tingly feelings were gone. The glans has never given me any pleasure whatsoever.

I can't help sounding dogmatic, but the cell biology completely rebuts what your'e saying. During sex, it is the accordion like motion of the ridged band which causes all the pleasure and eye-rolling orgasms. this is why the average circumcised man can't orgasm, only ejaculate, since most have had the band cut off.

http://www.coloradonocirc.org/images/penile_sensitivity_chart.jpg

If you don't believe me, look at this chart. It's a chart from a study commissioned in 2006, which is methodologically rigorous as it's not done by pro-circumcision profiteers:

http://www.nocirc.org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf