I have problem with blood sugar lately. I was recommended to try Gluchopage. People who used it told me that it is very affective in lowering blood sugar. I had bad experiences with drugs before because I wasn’t aware that I can’t use everything like other people because of my physical condition. I have polycystic ovaries and hormone problems. Can I even consider Gluchopage as treatment with these problems? I am 34, female. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know if you can or can’t use Gluchopage, but you surely have to let know your health provider about polycystic ovaries and hormonal problems. In case you are hormonal therapy, such as estrogens, or contraceptive pills. Those things can interacte with Gluchopage. I know that my dad used it as addition to his therapy and I remember that doctor forbidden him to drink alcohol and caffeine.

I have polycystic ovarian syndrom and the endocrinologist put me on glucophage to help with the symptoms. It is widely used for this since pcos has a tendancy to cause diabetes or at least cause your body to not use insulin properly. It helps quite a lot! You may wish to consider seeing an endocrinologist as they deal with this a lot now!

I have PCOS too and my doctor put me on glucaphage 2000 milligrams a day besides losing weight and many other wonderful things after one year i was able to get pregnant after trying for 11 years...my baby was born early and died at birth, but i am back on gluaphage and ovulating right and everything..it is great just sometimes the side effects can be overwhelming, but fight through that and in the end it will be worth it.

I know with having PCOS I have looked into some natural supplements and one item that every one had on hand that is proven to help stablize blood sugar is cinnamon. I try to eat some every day to help.

Yes, glucophage is used widely for PCOS. I was on it the first time in 2003 after a miscarriage-we had been trying for 8 years to get pregnant and hubby and I were told neither of us could have kids--I was put on 500 mg of glucophage and had a positive pregnancy test 6 weeks later...so be aware of that!!!

I am now on 2000 mg. of glucophage (for pregnancy), and I have to say, if you eat properly, you will do well. Too much starch and/or sugar and you will be in the bathroom.