Hi, I like working out a lot. I go to the gym almost every day. The weight lifting has helped me to develop the body I have always wanted. Now, I don't go to the gym solely because I want to build muscles, I would like to achieve some power lifters results. The exercise I am having most trouble with is the deadlift. I would like someone to explain how I could achieve good deadlift form?

Hi, deadlift is nowadays a somewhat forgotten exercise by the weight lifters and bodybuilders. But for the power lifters it is still one of the main disciplines. This is actually a great exercise since you activate a number of muscles in your entire body as you do it. However, it has to be done properly to avoid any damage to the spine. The secret of good deadlift form is not to do only the deadlift hoping that this will help you achieve your maximum. Of course, doing the deadlift is important, but you shouldn't concentrate only on this exercise. You should start exercising all of the muscles that are involved in the deadlift. That means you should train your abs, back muscles and legs if you want to be in good deadlift form. When you have good material to work with, you will be able to deadlift heavier weights. But, if you are new to deadlift, you shouldn't workout on your own. Try to find a good trainer who will help you to achieve good deadlift form.